Lightwave Octane: Instance Issues/Bug

Forums: Lightwave Octane: Instance Issues/Bug
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Lightwave Octane: Instance Issues/Bug

Postby LightOfTheWorld » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:05 am

LightOfTheWorld Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:05 am
FYI: The IPR and individual frames render correctly (with correct rotation/movement of instances), but rendering the entire scene shows instances of object do not move or rotate. The scene is one central diamond with ~100 instances of it all around. The central diamond and the camera rotate/move correctly. The instance issue is similar to the one mentioned in [this thread][/https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=79561&p=414118&hilit=Instances#p414118] and other issues resolved in previous Octane releases, but none of these solve my particular instance issue. (I'm on Octane 2021.1.6, Lightwave 2020.0.3 (build 3227) (Win64) 23-May-2021)
I wish there was a way of just using the IPR or individual frames to render all sequential frames, though that would duplicate the functionality of the scene renderer. I don't know why the scene renderer would be different than the IPR / single frame render.

We loved how fast everything rendered. Octane + GPU cut the render time of 5 hours down to 15 minutes (rendering on CPU). But this feels kinda buggy. Still thinking through the options... not sure if we'll have time to learn a new editing software, other than LW, and this still may be the best option for some projects.
LightOfTheWorld

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion