Is it possible to just activate the demo after subscribing?

Forums: Is it possible to just activate the demo after subscribing?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Is it possible to just activate the demo after subscribing?

Postby talos72 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:54 pm

talos72 Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:54 pm
I wanted to test out the demo for Cinema 4D. First I am not sure where the downloads are for the plugin demo. Do I install the standalone Octane demo and the plugin? Also, after installing the demo if I decide to subscribe for a license does the installed demo activate once I log in? I do not need to uninstall the demo correct?
talos72
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Is it possible to just activate the demo after subscribing?

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:46 am

bepeg4d Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:46 am
Hi,
you can find the latest demo version in the latest stable version release discussion, in the Maxon section, now we are at 2021.1.6-R5:
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=80351

Here is the direct link to the demo version for Windows:
https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... R5-win.rar

Please note that, if you purchase a subscription, you need to firstly uninstall the c4doctane plugin demo version, before installing the commercial version, or you will have a conflict at C4D startup.

On the other side, Standalone demo is not an issue, you can have several different Standalone versions installed without issues.

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion