(Octane for Blender) Tried to access null node pin error

Forums: (Octane for Blender) Tried to access null node pin error
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

(Octane for Blender) Tried to access null node pin error

Postby quat » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:39 am

quat Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:39 am
I have multiple scenes with different parts, and I bring all of the individual objects to the default scene as collection instances. These individual scenes render fine, but I did something to my main scene that Octane doesn't like at some point, and I can't figure out what. Here's my error code:
Code: Select all
Can't connect node 'OCTANE_RENDER_PASS_NODE' (NT_TEX_SPOTLIGHT, 000001E6244080A0) to static pin 'renderPasses' (P_RENDER_PASSES, type PT_RENDER_PASSES) of node 'Render target' (NT_RENDERTARGET, 000001ET23EAAB30)

Octane seems to attempt to compile the scene for rendering, but crashes before I see an image. This causes the server to close and I have to manually reopen it. This applies to both viewport and final renders. Seems like something is up with Octane's nodes, but I wouldn't know where to start.

This isn't super urgent to fix, because I can probably just move all of my assets over to a fresh .blend with blank settings, but I would prefer not to do that out of a concern for missing settings or messing up assets, and just general inconvenience.

Here is a list of information that may or may not be important:
CPU: i9-9900K
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070s
Windows 10.0.19042 b18042
Nvidia Studio Driver version 517.40 (CUDA version 11.70)
Octane version 2021.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
quat

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion