Octane X for iMac(not iMac Pro) questions

Forums: Octane X for iMac(not iMac Pro) questions
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Octane X for iMac(not iMac Pro) questions

Postby cedricripley » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:16 pm

cedricripley Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:16 pm
Hello,

Pardon my lack of knowledge here. I am a mac based c4d/arnold user and I am recently adding Octane to my workflows.

I have an iMac 27"/10-core i9/Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16GB and I installed Octane X from the Mac app store. It works fine for now, however I am wondering when the demo ends - and if it does what my options are for continuing to use it.

I find the descriptions unclear as to how I can keep using Octane professionally on a machine with my specs, as well as network/cloud rendering setup for Octane.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am an Octane newbie here.

Regards,
Cedric
cedricripley

Re: Octane X for iMac(not iMac Pro) questions

Postby bepeg4d » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:38 am

bepeg4d Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:38 am
Hi Cedric,
welcome on board!

All the Octane versions have the same features, but:

• Prime versions are limited to max 1x GPU, without Net render and Offline mode, and updated less frequently
  • Studio versions are less expensive, limited to max 2x GPUs, without Net render and Offline mode
  • Enterprise versions have no limitations

Both Studio and Enterprise licenses offer you the possibility to use Standalone and any type of Octane DCC plug-in, including C4D, Houdini, or Maya, or OctaneX, or extra software like Architron, EmberGen, Sculptron, and the access to ORC/RNDR render cloud services (render credits need to be purchased separately).

Happy Mac GPU rendering,

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion