Motion Blur doesn't work on demo version

Forums: Motion Blur doesn't work on demo version
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Motion Blur doesn't work on demo version

Postby stepharamburu » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:36 pm

stepharamburu Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:36 pm
Hi there. I'm trying the demo version to test it but I've got an issues with the motion blur. I follow the same instructions as I saw on Octane youtube channel but on the run, nothing happen. Is this option available on demo version? if is right, so... probably any point to check out before to do what the tutorial video it shows?
stepharamburu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Motion Blur doesn't work on demo version

Postby elsksa » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:01 am

elsksa Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:01 am
Hi,
I personally doubt such a highly-used feature would not work on a demo version - who knows, though.

Are you demo-ing Octane Standalone or one of the plugins (e.g. for Cinema 4D)?
Could you post the details on how did you set the motion blur and also include the timeline + animation (i.e. keyframing) information?

It is necessary to properly submit a forum report with as much information as possible, otherwise, troubleshooting is hit or miss, if not, impossible.

Last but not least, there are a lot of misinforming/misleading tutorials. Some others are too old and not relevant for the latest Octane versions (to some extent/for some features or "options").
elsksa
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Dazzer » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:15 am

Dazzer Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:15 am
Motion Blur works ok in the free Blender plugin.

But i have another issue, see here:

https://blenderartists.org/t/octane-ren ... es/1339037

Any ideas?
Dazzer

Postby stepharamburu » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:10 am

stepharamburu Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:10 am
Hi there! I did exactly I saw on this video from Octane official youtube chanel
https://youtu.be/VoXDNQRU6ig
but in the practice, doesn't work for me. I'm using Maya 2019. I thought, on demo version probably some option are disable but actually, I'm not sure so, that's the reason I posted it
thank you in advance! Steph

elsksa wrote:Hi,
I personally doubt such a highly-used feature would not work on a demo version - who knows, though.

Are you demo-ing Octane Standalone or one of the plugins (e.g. for Cinema 4D)?
Could you post the details on how did you set the motion blur and also include the timeline + animation (i.e. keyframing) information?

It is necessary to properly submit a forum report with as much information as possible, otherwise, troubleshooting is hit or miss, if not, impossible.

Last but not least, there are a lot of misinforming/misleading tutorials. Some others are too old and not relevant for the latest Octane versions (to some extent/for some features or "options").
stepharamburu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby elsksa » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:34 pm

elsksa Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:34 pm
Hi Steph,

Does the same animation-scene work in an other renderer such as the native Arnold (at the same frame)?
I was indirectly implying to ensure the animated assets in the scene are correctly animated. I might be pointing out the obvious but I do can not know for sure.
elsksa
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby stepharamburu » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:09 pm

stepharamburu Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:09 pm
Sure, I've got Arnold and Vray renders and both works fine rendering my helicopter scene with the rotor blades spinning. But it not happens the same with octane (at least following the video instructions).

elsksa wrote:Hi Steph,

Does the same animation-scene work in an other renderer such as the native Arnold (at the same frame)?
I was indirectly implying to ensure the animated assets in the scene are correctly animated. I might be pointing out the obvious but I do can not know for sure.
stepharamburu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:03 pm

aoktar Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:03 pm
There's not a demo limitation. You're probably following missing resources. And making a wrong decision with limited tryouts. Have you tried to do a simple case else of rotating blade with extreme speeds. Extreme motions will require additional time sampling and rendering to Picture Viewer.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby stepharamburu » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:49 pm

stepharamburu Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:49 pm
Hi ! I've got other scenes with chacaracter action moves but also, motion blur doesn't work for me in all that scenes... probably there's a previous condition I need to do before to appply what the video showns?. The same helicopter scene exported as alembic to houdini and using mantra as render (with motion blur selected) works fine, but rendering with octane, motion blur doesn't work. So, Arnold, Vray and Mantra works fine with all my scenes using motion blur but octane is the only one exception. Thats the reason I think probably there's another thing to do previous to apply the motion blur option on octane setup. It is very frustrating :?
stepharamburu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:58 pm

aoktar Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:58 pm
We do it well also, please check we'll the correct sources. Manual is the first place to learn something, plus forums. Please read it and post your example if you can't really find the solution. Motion blur has only one limitation that's constant vertex counts. You can use vertex speeds in this case.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion