HELP: Unable to add Octane Override on Modo

Forums: HELP: Unable to add Octane Override on Modo
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

HELP: Unable to add Octane Override on Modo

Postby Niju » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:33 am

Niju Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:33 am
I am using the Modo 14.2v2 and OctaneRender for Modo Demo version 5.

I have a trouble with Octane Override on Modo.

I set the box as a Modo material, named 'Material'. Then I select the 'Material' on shading list and tried to add octane override into Octane material (Octane -> OctaneRender Setup-> select Material -> Add Octane Override on OctaneRender Setup) or (Shader Tree -> Add Layer -> Custom Materials -> Octane Override)

However, it appears "OctaneRender for Modo error", saying "Error getting item in GetItemName", then showed Error tag saying "Could not copy Octane Override. To copy an Octane Override, use the 'octane,materialMacro copyMaterial' and 'octane .materialMacro pasteMaterial' commands. Delete the blank Octane Overide that has been created.'

I am unable to create Octane material which will appear the node interface in the Schematic view workspace.

How do I solve that issue and How do add the Octane Override in order to create node interface for the box?

Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated . Thank you.
Niju

Re: HELP: Unable to add Octane Override on Modo

Postby stillc » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:31 pm

stillc Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:31 pm
Hi did you find any clear way to solve the issue?
stillc

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion