Blender Darker Render than 3D View Render View

Forums: Blender Darker Render than 3D View Render View
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Blender Darker Render than 3D View Render View

Postby robheath » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:21 pm

robheath Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:21 pm
Hi, I am actually a licensed customer but for some reason, I can't create a new post anywhere but this forum.

I am having what I hope is a small issue to solve. I am using octane in Blender (on OSX) and for some reason, my finished render output is darker than what appears in my 3D viewport render preview.

I can' figure out what's causing it. I saw people with similar issues when I googled it and a common answer was turning tonemap on or off. This did not work for me. I've also played with color settings and output nodes. None of that worked.

Here is a link to my blend file - https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9pb6jmysmdhh ... test.blend if that helps.

I am using the latest MacBook / Catalina Version 10.15.7 / AMD Radeon Pro 5400M 4GB

Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer help. I am really excited to finally start using Octane. Love what I am able to see already.
robheath

Re: Blender Darker Render than 3D View Render View

Postby Attila16 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:05 am

Attila16 Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:05 am
In the render properties tab, make sure that the Color Management has View Transform set to Standard and that Look is None.
After that Select your camera and check mark the Octane Camera Imager (render Mode).

With Those option they should match.
Attila16

Postby ErnestPlace » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:50 am

ErnestPlace Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:50 am
Hey, I know this is a few years later but I am running in to a similar problem and cant seem to be able to fix it :(

I have followed advice from this forum and nothing has worked yet. I have prompted perplexity.ai and ChatGPT to help me find the answer and have continued to come up short.

My viewport is much brighter than the final renders produced.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2diiuo14ckz1lsl/AABVDNKuFU3eU4wd6mMjtxd-a?dl=0

Here are the things I have tried...

Adjust Camera Settings
One possible solution is to check your camera settings. To speed up render performance, Octane defaults to having the Depth of Field (DoF) effect off by setting the aperture to zero. This can cause your renders to appear darker than what is shown in the viewport. Try turning on the DoF effect and adjusting the aperture to see if this improves your renders

Check Lighting and Materials
Another possible solution is to check your lighting and materials. Make sure that your scene is properly lit and that your materials are set up correctly. Octane has issues with lights, so make sure that your lights are set up properly and that you are using the correct light types

Adjust Color Management Settings
You can also try adjusting your Color Management settings. Make sure that your Display Device is set to sRGB and that your View Transform is set to RAW. Try setting your Look to None and your Gamma to 1.0 or 2.2. You can also try using a linear/neutral response or any of the other countless custom imager presets to create the type of "photo" or "film" look you like

Use Octane Camera Imager
Try using the Octane Camera Imager to adjust your render settings. You can enable the Octane Camera Imager in the Camera tab of the Properties window. You can also use the Octane Camera Imager in preview mode to override the settings for all cameras in your scene

Other Possible Solutions
Other possible solutions include checking your output nodes, adjusting your exposure settings, and making sure that your lights are visible in Octane viewer. You can also try rendering in a different file format or using a different version of Octane

Hopefully it's something silly I did.

Thank you for your help!

Samuel
ErnestPlace

Postby coyyo937te » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:02 pm

coyyo937te Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:02 pm
Attila16 wrote:In the render properties tab, make sure that the Color Management has View Transform set to Standard and that Look is None.
After that Select your camera and check mark the Octane Camera Imager (render Mode).

With Those option they should match.

ty very much this still works in 2023 w octane latest version
coyyo937te

Postby Snydermarr » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:33 am

Snydermarr Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:33 am
robheath wrote:Hi, I am actually a licensed customer but for some reason, I can't create a new post anywhere but this forum. doodle jump

I am having what I hope is a small issue to solve. I am using octane in Blender (on OSX) and for some reason, my finished render output is darker than what appears in my 3D viewport render preview.

I can' figure out what's causing it. I saw people with similar issues when I googled it and a common answer was turning tonemap on or off. This did not work for me. I've also played with color settings and output nodes. None of that worked.

Here is a link to my blend file - https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9pb6jmysmdhh ... test.blend if that helps.

I am using the latest MacBook / Catalina Version 10.15.7 / AMD Radeon Pro 5400M 4GB

Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer help. I am really excited to finally start using Octane. Love what I am able to see already.

While you are on the render settings page, check to be that the View Transform setting for Color Management is set to Standard and that the Look setting is set to None.
In the next step, choose your camera and make sure the Octane Camera Imager (render Mode) box is checked.
Snydermarr

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion