From Demo to renting

Forums: From Demo to renting
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

From Demo to renting

Postby otbjacko » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:44 pm

otbjacko Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:44 pm
I have had a chance to use the octane render plug in and I am happy with the results. My question is, if I choose to rent octane for $20 a month with the required plug in. Would there be anything else I need to do to ensure octane works with all it's features? or do I have to purchase Octane and the $20/month is just to rent the plug in?

All I did was download the demo version of the plug in I needed and it worked fine, minus the demo restrictions . Not sure if all I have to do is sub for $20 a month to get a full working plug in for the software I use or if there is something else I need.
otbjacko

Re: From Demo to renting

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:26 am

bepeg4d Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:26 am
Hi,
OctaneStudio subscription license provides access to the latest versions of Standalone software (v3, v4, v2018(v5), and future versions) including one plugin.

The monthly fee for access to an Octane Standalone license and an Octane Plugin license (e.g. C4D) is $20.

Octane Studio has exactly the same features of the full commercial version, but the subscription service has the following limitations compared with a full (purchased) license:

• Use of the software is available only while online, connected via the internet to the Octane licensing server, with no Offline option
  • In v3 and v5, a maximum of 2x GPU's are available for rendering, with no Network rendering mode, while in v4, a maximum of 20x GPU's are available for rendering, also with Network rendering mode.
  • NvLink (v2018) and RTX support (v2019.2) are not included in the Studio subscription

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby sedson » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:39 am

sedson Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:39 am
Hello, I was using the demo version and now that I pay the monthly rent for the program, the watermark keeps appearing, does anyone know what the process to install the version I rent is like?
sedson

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:49 am

bepeg4d Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:49 am
Hi,
did you remove the demo version before installing the Studio version?
Which plugin are you using exactly?

If you are using OctaneX, makes dure to have not installed PR8, and if yes, remove it and upgrade to PR11.

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion