Cinema 4D demo failure

Forums: Cinema 4D demo failure
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Cinema 4D demo failure

Postby MichaelJeffreyVance » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:22 pm

MichaelJeffreyVance Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:22 pm
I installed the Octane demo for Cinema 4D, R20, but it's kind of a disaster. First I had to install a rar unpacker (using rar instead of zip just seems demonic to me) then I had to watch an install video telling me which items to delete inside its folder structure, then I fired up Cinema and I get a message saying there is a newer version of the plugin, which takes me to a page that requires a customer login password, which I don't have because I am not a customer yet, and then when I create an Octane material, none of the material previews work (they're either blank or black) neither in the materials manager, the Material manager, or the Octane node editor. Then I I think I was trying to create a cube and Cinema crashed. After forcing a quit from the Task Manager, I restarted and got to the point of trying to send a single cube with a default octane material to the live viewer and got a render failure error, where I am then encouraged to check the console where I get this message:

<<< Render failure detected!!! >>>
Please check render statistics to solve the problem.
MB:0/0 ST/MOV:0/0 Nodes:3 Tris:0 DispTris:0 Hairs:0 Meshes:0
Device:0 TotMem:11Gb rtData:0Kb film:0Kb geo:0Kb node:0Kb tex:0Kb unavailable:1.998Gb temperature:47
Export materials time= 15.166 ms
Collect objects time= 6.627 ms
Mesh creation time = 9.345 ms.
Total export Time = 52.291 ms
MichaelJeffreyVance
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Cinema 4D demo failure

Postby hellguy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:01 am

hellguy Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:01 am
Hi,

The most likely cause of your issue is that you are using an incompatible NVIDIA driver.
(Read the Global Announcement "NVIDIA 418.81 breaks Octane (FIXED 419.17 / 4.02/2018.1 RC2)" for further details)

If your OctaneRender version is 4.02 or higher, you need NVIDIA Driver 419.17 or higher.
If your OctaneRender version is 4.01 or lower, you need NVIDIA Driver 417.71 or higher.

If updating to the correct NVIDIA driver does not solve your issue, please reach out to support at [email protected] (and reference this forum post).
hellguy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Cinema 4D demo failure

Postby MichaelJeffreyVance » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:33 pm

MichaelJeffreyVance Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:33 pm
Thank you. I rolled my driver back to 417 and it is working now. Thanks to your great support and fine product, I also purchased a subscription.
MichaelJeffreyVance
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion