Importing Image Sequence

Forums: Importing Image Sequence
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Importing Image Sequence

Postby chrismferguson » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:39 pm

chrismferguson Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:39 pm
I need just a bit of help importing an image sequence (tif images), I'm trying to composite a 3D element on to some footage I filmed, I was able to put the image sequence onto an Octane Material then I put it on a plane (texture on diffusion) and got it to show up in the Octane live viewer. I'm curious if there's another way as I'm not able to get the footage sized exactly the way I want it for the camera. It feels a bit sloppy, I feel like I'm kinda fumbling to the answer.

If someone can help point me in the right direction - I checked the manual and videos, every example I could find was using photos, not an image sequence though maybe I'm overlooking something. I was able to get the image sequence into c4d's motion tracker but it wouldn't get seen by Octane.

Feel free to correct what I did. Also the footage is 1080p, the trial version of course outputs to 1000x600, what would be the best way to import/resize? The way i'm doing it now is I'm zooming in onto the plane itself and framing the shot. I feel like I'm doing it so wrong, lol.
chrismferguson

Re: Importing Image Sequence

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:39 pm

bepeg4d Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:39 pm
Hi,
if you are using c4doctane plugin, please have a look at this solution, it works also with image sequences:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=63808
Alternatively, you can use this Osl Projection solution:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=65575
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Importing Image Sequence

Postby chrismferguson » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:06 am

chrismferguson Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:06 am
Thank you for your reply, over the weekend I was able to make some progress (though I did try your first suggestion as I'm using the plugin, but it didn't work).

So my first problem was that I couldn't see my footage in the Octane live viewer, but now I got it. Instead my problem is when I move the camera, or move anything, the 3D object in the viewer moves. I would like to move the camera independent of any object in the scene.

My setup:

This is how the viewer looks when I change the render channel from DL to PT or PMC. It takes my footage and zooms in on.

I'm just trying to my setup like this: https://youtu.be/Uakpb1zayWc?t=1675
chrismferguson

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion