Material that i see in LiveViwer dont render on pictureViwer

Forums: Material that i see in LiveViwer dont render on pictureViwer
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Material that i see in LiveViwer dont render on pictureViwer

Postby garag9 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:16 am

garag9 Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:16 am
Hi, Im new on Cinema 4d and also new on octane Render

Im development a personal project just to learn the program and the render, but i been havin a problem rendering a "mix material" that i create.

I create something like a "flipbook machine", so for the turn paper i create a plane and then place the images side by side using a mixed material with Side.

The thing is, in the Live viewer of octane render i see the material working on with the two sides of the plane. But when im going to rendered in the picture viewer the planes that have the mixed materials doesn't render, and is show in black.

Anyone knows how can i solve this?

Is a problem beacuse is an animation, and i dont know how to render a video without using the "render Qeue" option.

Than you, sorry for my english.
garag9

Re: Material that i see in LiveViwer dont render on pictureViwer

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:59 am

bepeg4d Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:59 am
Hi,
it seems that you are using an outdated version of c4doctane.
Now we are at 3.08.5-R3 for v3, and 4.01.1-R2 for v4:
viewforum.php?f=85
About the mix material, it seems that you are trying to mix two c4d materials, instead of Octane materials, and you are also using the c4d Layer shader that is not correctly supported, and can give you a lot of issues.
Please, use only Octane materials and shaders in your scenes, for best results and stability.
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion