Octane with C4D Team Render or Network Render for stills

Forums: Octane with C4D Team Render or Network Render for stills
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Octane with C4D Team Render or Network Render for stills

Postby zachblackandred » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:50 pm

zachblackandred Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:50 pm
Hi folks!

Testing out demo Octane and how it works with C4D's Team Render. I notice that it functions exactly as expected for multi-frame outputs, but on stills (one frame), C4D throws a "plugin not found" error. I thought that selecting only my beefy slave machine on the Team Render Machines list might make only that machine use Octane to render the still, but the same error was thrown. I know that Redshift has a similar limitation, so I guess this behavior is probably expected.

Since I cannot test it with the demo version and have not found documentation regarding it, can anybody let me know if using Octane's Network Render instead would let me use the power of either both machines or only my beefy slave machine for a one-frame still, or would the same limitation still apply?

Thanks for your help!
zachblackandred

Re: Octane with C4D Team Render or Network Render for stills

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:26 am

bepeg4d Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:26 am
Hi,
yes you need to use the c4d Tiled Camera rig, should be in the Prime library in Content Browser, to be able to render still images via Team Render and c4doctane.
Note that you need to have 0 Vignetting in Camera Imager, and Post Effect disabled, or there will be visible seams when recomposing the frame.
Vignetting needs to be added in compositing app, while Post effect can be rendered as separated beauty pass, since you need no more than 32/64 sampling for cleaning it.
About Octane Network Rendering, yes confirmed, can be used in both Picture Viewer/Render Queue with both animated and still results, but also in Live View, to speed up the scene preparation.
also note that from v4, also Studio subscription licenses can be used in Network Rendering.
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion