Missing Octane Object Tags (Camera, HDRI, Etc)

Forums: Missing Octane Object Tags (Camera, HDRI, Etc)
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Missing Octane Object Tags (Camera, HDRI, Etc)

Postby jcopper » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:35 pm

jcopper Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:35 pm
I'm extremely new to Octane. I'm working on Windows with c4d r20 demo and the Octane demo. I knew something was up when the Octane dropdown menu in c4d was missing its icons - but the Octane dialogue boxes do open, there's just not a proper icon. I'm able to get the Octane Live Viewer going, I can see my renders updating, but when I make a camera object or HDRI Environment object, the Octane tags are missing in the c4d Objects Panel. The tutorial I was following showed a black box with a bright red camera icon, instead I have a question mark and none of the options that should be attached to the tag.

I did re-install the Octane demo, but the situation stands.

Thanks so much for any help you can lend, I'm trying to decide if I want to buy cinema4d + octane subscription.
jcopper

Re: Missing Octane Object Tags (Camera, HDRI, Etc)

Postby jdubdub » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:10 pm

jdubdub Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:10 pm
I am having the same issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Octane 4.02.1 for Cinema 4D. I just see a question mark where the Octane tag should be. There also is no listing for Octane tags under the tags menu.
jdubdub

Postby haywirehalo » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:07 pm

haywirehalo Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:07 pm
I am having the same issue with an unlocked version with a student license.
the icons aren't appearing and the octane render engine is not listed when looking at the render settings.
haywirehalo

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:04 am

bepeg4d Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:04 am
Hi,
if you have missing icons, it means that c4octane plugin is not correctly installed.

In general, it happens if the .RAR archive is corrupted, or not well uncompressed, in this case, try with 7zip, it is free and works pretty well with .RAR files:
https://www.7-zip.org/

Or it could happen if you copy paste the content of the c4doctane folder inside the plugins folder, without copying the c4doctane folder itself.

Note that you always have to remove from the c4doctane folder, all the unnecessary c4doctane-RXX.cdl64/xdlib files not related with RXX specific version, and leave only one c4doctane-RXX.cdl64/xdlib file in ../plugins/c4doctane directory.

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby aoktar » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:14 am

aoktar Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:14 am
OR you don't have required versions of C4D. Update needed!
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion