PNG and OBJ File Reference

Forums: PNG and OBJ File Reference
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

PNG and OBJ File Reference

Postby MisterBob » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:36 pm

MisterBob Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:36 pm
I apologize if this has already been addressed in the forums, but I wasn't able to find a topic that covered it.

My current workflow is to use 3D Studio Max to model all of my assets, paint them in Substance Painter, and then load everything into the Octane Standalone for rendering. Currently using the latest version of Octane 4 RC5, and whenever I load the models and textures into my scene Octane Standalone seems to import copies of them that are native to the OrbX file. What I would like to do is be able to point the material and object nodes directly at the PNG's and OBJ's that I export from Substance Painter and 3DS Max so that I when I update the models and textures I don't need to redirect each node toward the updated versions every time I open the OrbX file to create a new render. Is there a way to do this? I haven't been able to find one, but I feel that there must be something I'm overlooking. Thanks!
MisterBob

Re: PNG and OBJ File Reference

Postby paride4331 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:47 am

paride4331 Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:47 am
Hi MisterBob,
you should save in OCS instead of Orbx, so overwriting objs or textures, your scene will automatically update.
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion