4 DIFF. GPU with DIFF. VRAM Will octane select the highest?

Forums: 4 DIFF. GPU with DIFF. VRAM Will octane select the highest?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

4 DIFF. GPU with DIFF. VRAM Will octane select the highest?

Postby Blackburn31 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:49 am

Blackburn31 Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:49 am
Hi

I will keep it simple.
If i use 24 gb nvidia p6000 quadro GPU with 3 more 1080ti 11gb GPU, what will octane select as VRAM. will it select the highest one that is 24gb or will it stuck with 11gb ? Also i will make primary GPU to connect monitor on 1080ti. As we all know that in quad gpu setup the primary basically is busy in calculating and rest 3 GPU will be busy in rendering.

So if it is possible that highest VRAM in all the 4 gpu will be considered as the VRAM for calculating and rendering high poly scenes rest 2 gpus cuda can be used with the highest vram gpu in rendering where the last one remaing is used to attach mmonitor and calculation purpose this model will turn out to be good for me.

If this model will get fail i will go with 4 1080ti.
Please help. I will be thaankful to you.
all i need to know is will my proposed model work or will it fail.

P.s. i will use i9 processor and highend motherboards and stuff for making this ssetup.
Also i have a 980ti sea hawk 6gb as a spare with i7 processor setup which i am planning to connect and make it as a 2 pc rrender farm.

Regards
Blackburn31

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion