Benchmark related questions

Forums: Benchmark related questions
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Benchmark related questions

Postby letuandk » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:21 pm

letuandk Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:21 pm
I've been playing with Octane for the last few days and I'm truly amazed by it.

My current system has 2 Nvidia cards, a 570 and a 780ti. after browsing the forum some time, I've downloaded the demo benchmark scene and ran it in the latest standalone.

780 ti (only) gives around 34M/s, and when both cards are activated its around 54M/s. First of all, is these values good?

Secondly, I'm also using Cinema4D and checking the numbers ther as well I've never seen a higher number than 20M/s, which was a very simple scene with a single cube and a single area light. I've set the priorities to high so I'm not sure what's wrong there - if there is a c4d (r16) based benchmark I would love to try it out and share with my results. If not, and if they have to be close to the standalone, then what do you think my problem may be?

And thirdly I'm wanting to buy another GPU, and I cant decide bwtween Gtx 780 AMP! edition and GTX 970 (regular) - they're both the same price in where I live.

Any recommendations/suggestions about anything above is appreciated :)
letuandk

Re: Benchmark related questions

Postby aoktar » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:30 pm

aoktar Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:30 pm
I'm posting what i get with a single 1070 and a simple scene. It's directligting kernel. And no priority selected.
Attachments
a1.jpg
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion