Cant Render In Standalone Demo

Forums: Cant Render In Standalone Demo
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Cant Render In Standalone Demo

Postby maxnaff » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:10 pm

maxnaff Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:10 pm
Hey Guys,

I am trying to upgrade an old license on my iMac and figured I would make sure it worked with the demo first.
When I go to drop a .obj in and click on it, nothing happens. Click render, nothing happens. I have attached screenshots of the error I get and of my computer specs. I have downloaded an updated CUDA driver, check the NVIDIA site for more info on my card and it seems to be discontinued or something? Its a NVIDIA GT 755M 1040 and an old link I found on a forum said it supports CUDA but cant find any other info on it. I realise this card isnt optimal whatsoever but is it even possible to run Octane on my computer? Do i need to buy a new card to make it run?

Thanks for your help!

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 3.00.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 3.00.09 PM.png
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 3.06.36 PM.png
maxnaff

Re: Cant Render In Standalone Demo

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:41 am

bepeg4d Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:41 am
Hi maxnaff,
when you import a mesh node, OctaneRender does not starts to render, if the icon on the node graph is unticked:
IMG_0475.jpeg

But, since your iMac has only 1GB of VRAM, more likely, since the internal GPU is used also by system/monitor, you have not enough free VRAM to render that specific .obj node, you are limited to very simple scenes.
Do you see the red text in info-bar also at start (before importing the .obj file)?
It would be better to use the internal 775 for system/display only, and use one or more powerful Nvidia GPUs with eGPU solution via Thunderbolt:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=43439&start=170#p276341
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion