no preview configuration object?

Forums: no preview configuration object?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

no preview configuration object?

Postby soapy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:20 pm

soapy Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:20 pm
In octane standalone there is no preview configuration node showing up? Is this normal? See picture I also have the blender octane setup installed.

Apologies for the total noob question, as a long time Cinema user I am switching to new softwares.
soapy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: no preview configuration object?

Postby bepeg4d » Mon May 01, 2017 5:54 am

bepeg4d Mon May 01, 2017 5:54 am
Hi soapy,
right click in the node graph panel and create a Render Target node, then right click and import your .obj or .abc node and connect to the Render Target mode to start create a new scene. Note that OctaneRender works in meters.
The preview configuration node is quite useless, better to have several Render Target nodes for different setup.
From all plugins is possible to export any scene with all the nodes already in place.
Please, download the demo scenes to have a rough idea on how the node system works:
http://render.otoy.com/downloads/Octane ... oSuite.zip
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: no preview configuration object?

Postby soapy » Thu May 04, 2017 6:13 pm

soapy Thu May 04, 2017 6:13 pm
Thanks Beppe.

I had actually tried that but failed the first time. Managed to get it working now. Thanks for the link I will check out those scenes.

Jim
soapy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion