Keep environment does not seem to work.

Forums: Keep environment does not seem to work.
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Keep environment does not seem to work.

Postby lautebos » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:32 pm

lautebos Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:32 pm
Hi,
i have been trying octane for C4d Plug in for the past few days and i simply love it . I was playing around with a few scenes trying to learn how the octane works and i got stuck on a problem. In one of the scenes i have transparent objects and a octane daylight. The daylight makes the sky turn in to a light blue-orange gradient ( which it should ) . The daylight is set by default as a primary environment - i have not changed that since i want the illumination. The problem is that when i uncheck the "keep environment" option in the render kernell setting nothing seems to change - the environment is still there. I tried going around the problem by placing a plane behind my transparent objects and adding a background diffuse texture to it. But when i render the plane is illuminated by the day light and the colors get blown out. Usually with the standard C4d render i would add a Compositing tag to the plane , turn off cast and receive shadows and turn on the "compositing background " option on. I know that the C4d Compositing tag does not work with Octane , and that octane has its own compositing tag , but the options i described don't seem to exist . Is there a way to have a plane that is visible by transparency , not illuminated and not casting shadows but retaining the same colors as the image in the diffuse texture? And what about the keep environment option - is it only available on the Licensed version of the Cinema 4d Plug in?

Thank you and sorry for the long post :)))
lautebos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Keep environment does not seem to work.

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:18 pm

bepeg4d Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:18 pm
Hi lautebos,
firstly you have to enable the Alpha channel option, than you can tick or untick the Keep environment option.
Please have a look at the documentation:
https://docs.otoy.com/#cinema-4d-v3-plu ... th-tracing
And at some useful introductive video tutorials:
https://docs.otoy.com/#28Cinema4D_Plugin_Edition
Happy rendering,
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion