subscription problem paypal

Forums: subscription problem paypal
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

subscription problem paypal

Postby pixelvier » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:20 am

pixelvier Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:20 am
Hello,

I still have problems doing the subscription via paypal from germany. I know, other users have this problem too. Is there already an alternative payment-method or do you have a solution for the problem?

Thanks
pixelvier
pixelvier

Re: subscription problem paypal

Postby spacemonQuee » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:40 pm

spacemonQuee Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:40 pm
I have exactly the same problem (see 4 posts below). Also in Germany. Help would be greatly appreciated.
spacemonQuee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby spacemonQuee » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:41 am

spacemonQuee Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:41 am
Ok, so apparently you can not purchase it with a German PayPal account, you need to have one from another country. US and Australia were confirmed to me by other users. Unfortunately, that means that I will not be able to get the subscription based student license, since I dont have a US account and I know no one who currently resides there and could help me out. No Octane for me. That is truly sad :'(
spacemonQuee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Podden » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:55 pm

Podden Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:55 pm
I ran into the same problem. Why is that and any news on when this is resolved?
Podden
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby win » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:29 am

win Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:29 am
Hi Podden
The problem is with Paypal, who for some reason do not allow recurring subscription payments in Germany. We have raised the matter with Paypal, but have not yet had an explanation as to why this occurs only in Germany.
As a work around we are able to provide an 'advance payment' option for our customers in Germany that wish to subscribe.
Please contact the Octane Support Team by email [email protected], and they will provide further details.
Hope this helps.
Kind regards, Win
win
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby HWiese » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:52 am

HWiese Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:52 am
This is truly odd because I have some other recurring subscriptions of other products running (Patreon for example, a usenet account... stuff like that) and I'm from Germany, hence have a German PayPal account.
HWiese

Postby nj4ck » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:12 pm

nj4ck Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:12 pm
I'm having the same issue, also in Germany. How do you guys not have other methods of payment available? This has obviously been an issue for a while, how hard can it be to get this sorted out? I have tons of recurring payments through Paypal, it's obviously not an issue with German law or anything.
nj4ck
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby win » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:49 am

win Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:49 am
by HWiese » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:52 pm
This is truly odd because I have some other recurring subscriptions of other products running (Patreon for example, a usenet account... stuff like that) and I'm from Germany, hence have a German PayPal account.

Hi HWiese

This from the Paypal Developers docs site;

Recurring Payments with Express Checkout also has the following limitations:
...Recurring payments cannot be created for buyers in Germany or China....

There are some other alternatives which we hope to provide in the near future, but for now if you live in one of these countries and wish to purchase a subscription, please contact the Octane Help Desk [email protected] for assistance.

Kind regards, Win
win
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby win » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:54 am

win Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:54 am
Hi Nj4ck

Postby nj4ck » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:12 am
I'm having the same issue, also in Germany. How do you guys not have other methods of payment available? This has obviously been an issue for a while, how hard can it be to get this sorted out? I have tons of recurring payments through Paypal, it's obviously not an issue with German law or anything.

The ability to accept recurring payments in Paypal depends on the type of transaction.

This from the Paypal Developers docs site;

Recurring Payments with Express Checkout also has the following limitations:
...Recurring payments cannot be created for buyers in Germany or China....

There are some alternatives as you indicate, which we hope to provide in the near future. But for now if you live in one of these countries and wish to purchase a subscription, please contact the Octane Help Desk [email protected] for assistance.
win
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby dixone » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:07 pm

dixone Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:07 pm
i am wondering why this is not possible, i pay my adobe account and google play as well with paypal in a subscription.
dixone

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion