UI Annoyances

Forums: UI Annoyances
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

UI Annoyances

Postby zemmuonne » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:53 pm

zemmuonne Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:53 pm
hi,
-when I got all the materials in the right panel and I tweak them, Octane insists on expanding the tree-switching back to the first material every time I make some change like changing the diffuse to an image. E.g. If I got 10 materials and I want to change the 10th, and I change the diffuse component to an image, it suddenly a) expand ALL materials' tree and b) scrolls the panel up to the first material.
- right click with the material picker gives me multi materials - very cool, but is it possible to trigger them with and additional click? It's annoying to see a material selection pop up when all I want is pan
-tab to change value got a few problems... ie: change the diffuse component to an image or floatimage; change first value (power) to whatever value you want, then press tab key. I expect it going to the gamma value, instead it goes on the gamma label...
zemmuonne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: UI Annoyances

Postby radiance » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:03 pm

radiance Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:03 pm
zemmuonne wrote:hi,
-when I got all the materials in the right panel and I tweak them, Octane insists on expanding the tree-switching back to the first material every time I make some change like changing the diffuse to an image. E.g. If I got 10 materials and I want to change the 10th, and I change the diffuse component to an image, it suddenly a) expand ALL materials' tree and b) scrolls the panel up to the first material.
- right click with the material picker gives me multi materials - very cool, but is it possible to trigger them with and additional click? It's annoying to see a material selection pop up when all I want is pan
-tab to change value got a few problems... ie: change the diffuse component to an image or floatimage; change first value (power) to whatever value you want, then press tab key. I expect it going to the gamma value, instead it goes on the gamma label...

Hi,

we're aware of these issues and the 1st one is on our list for beta2.2, the 2nd one will be solved with some additional keyboard shortcuts.
the 3rd one is the first time i've head off it.

However, you rarely need to scroll down a list of 10 materials, just use the material picker and work on one material at a time ?

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby zemmuonne » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:33 am

zemmuonne Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:33 am
radiance wrote:

Hi,

we're aware of these issues and the 1st one is on our list for beta2.2, the 2nd one will be solved with some additional keyboard shortcuts.

However, you rarely need to scroll down a list of 10 materials, just use the material picker and work on one material at a time ?

Radiance

Hi Radiance,
about the 2nd, I can repro it 100% of times. win7 64bit, behaves like that in both 1.02 and 1.021. Have you tried to repro it? Does it works ok for you?
About the scrolling all materials vs mat picker: sometimes is just more clear to have all materials listed in a view for me, so I can make bulk changes at once. Also, sometimes is very hard picking every material with the mat picker, if the material is in partly hidden places of the model...
zemmuonne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:07 am

radiance Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:07 am
zemmuonne wrote:
radiance wrote:

Hi,

Radiance

Hi Radiance,
about the 2nd, I can repro it 100% of times. win7 64bit, behaves like that in both 1.02 and 1.021. Have you tried to repro it? Does it works ok for you?
About the scrolling all materials vs mat picker: sometimes is just more clear to have all materials listed in a view for me, so I can make bulk changes at once. Also, sometimes is very hard picking every material with the mat picker, if the material is in partly hidden places of the model...

Hi,

I don't understand why you ask about reproducing the 2nd issue you meant, i know about it already.
You're supposed to disable the material picking mode to move/pan etc...

Radiance
radiance

Postby zemmuonne » Mon May 03, 2010 6:28 am

zemmuonne Mon May 03, 2010 6:28 am
radiance wrote:
Hi,

I don't understand why you ask about reproducing the 2nd issue you meant, i know about it already.

Radiance

Sorry, I meant the tab problem thingy, not the 2nd (material picking).
zemmuonne
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Mon May 03, 2010 7:55 am

radiance Mon May 03, 2010 7:55 am
zemmuonne wrote:
radiance wrote:
Hi,

Radiance

Sorry, I meant the tab problem thingy, not the 2nd (material picking).

i'll put in on our list of todos.

Radiance
radiance

Postby DigitalDouble » Thu May 06, 2010 12:52 am

DigitalDouble Thu May 06, 2010 12:52 am
Is there a way to save the obj importer settings from one session to the other ?
Win Vista x32 | 8800 GTS 512 | Xeon X3350 2.66GHz | 4GB
DigitalDouble
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Thu May 06, 2010 8:33 am

radiance Thu May 06, 2010 8:33 am
DigitalDouble wrote:Is there a way to save the obj importer settings from one session to the other ?

save an OCS and reopen it as a template when starting a new project.

Radiance
radiance

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion