Stability

Forums: Stability
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Stability

Postby cheeseburger » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:37 am

cheeseburger Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:37 am
Hi guys,
Love your product, the idea and most of the functionality is great Apart from the following... I am having crashes very frequently opening .obj files that are not that heavy. If I get one that passes if you will the initial phase (pressing on the Mesh Node) and visualizing it, I will almost certainly get a crash when trying to add my own material or modify the existing ones.
It seems in all my ignorance that above 15mb or so it will almost allways happen. I am using the recommended drivers along with Windows 7, Nvidia 260, Asus striker...etc
If one could load a bigger scene for Archi stuff along with furniture etc I would buy a copy and give you free publicity...
Is it just me ?
Best
Cheeseburger
cheeseburger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Stability

Postby radiance » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:48 am

radiance Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:48 am
Hi,

These problems are either due to wrong drivers, sometimes even with the latest drivers installed. (you need to use a sweeper tool to uninstall , then reinstall again)
Also, you should run the registry tweak to increase the watchdog timeout issue here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=824

we're also releasing a 2.1 update in a few days that will be more stable.

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Re: Stability

Postby cheeseburger » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:55 am

cheeseburger Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:55 am
Thanks Radiance,
I'll try these to be going on with and get back to you...
cheeseburger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion