Private forum? Bad idea.

Forums: Private forum? Bad idea.
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Private forum? Bad idea.

Postby Proupin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:46 pm

Proupin Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:46 pm
hmmm... I guess Brazil only needs GPU rendering and we'd be ready for some competition :D hahaha... even so good point, it's nice to see developers fitting this into their biz models
Win 7 64bits / Intel i5 750 @ 2.67Ghz / Geforce GTX 470 / 8GB Ram / 3DS Max 2012 64bits
http://proupinworks.blogspot.com/
Proupin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Private forum? Bad idea.

Postby arail » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:24 pm

arail Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:24 pm
candide wrote:This is important. I don't buy tools if I don't see an active and dedicated support for them and I'm willing to bet I'm not alone doing so.

You're definitely not alone. I tend to rate software by how active the forums are - that tells me how wide the user base is, how enthusiastic they are about the program and how likely I can get help from a fellow member. Furthermore, a very active forum creates 'buzz' that functions as a selling mechanism for the software.

A year or so ago I was just beginning to consider a rendering program and I looked at HyperShot and modo. The HyperShot forums had 2 or 3 posts a day, if that. Modo had dozens every day, sometimes even hundreds. That told me what I needed to know when making the decision to buy.

I understand that the organization of the forum has to work for the moderators but I don't think anyone should underestimate how important a very active forum community can be for getting a software known and sold.
arail

Previous

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion