Problem with color at exports

Forums: Problem with color at exports
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Problem with color at exports

Postby chrome_xyz » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:41 pm

chrome_xyz Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:41 pm
Hi!

I reinstalled cinema4d R25 recently, and did the same with Octane. After that installation, renders seem to not be the same. Basically the workflow for this project is: 1. Export 2. Make a 16mm simulation on DaVinci.

The exports, on its own, look a bit different than before. There's a litlle red tint on them. But when I put them on DaVinci this differences are more noticeable:

Before:

After:
After: Too red, bloom + glare (Camera Post is OFF)

And here are my settings:

The rest is on default. The project is the same actually. I reopened it after the reinstallation and I don't know what happened. In octane viewer, when I checked a planetary light I used, everything was red and the shadows had a lot of contrast.

Atm, I don't know what to do, if there's a new octane version, if the c4d settings are different after reinstall (It does not seem like it). Anyone has encounter a situation like this? What should I do?

Thank's in advance!
chrome_xyz

Re: Problem with color at exports

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:01 am

bepeg4d Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:01 am
Hi,
in 2021.1 there is a new White Light Spectrum menu in the kernel panel, and by default is set to D65.
You need to switch to Legacy/Flat to have the same result as before:

There is also a new Color Management with ACES/OCIO support, but C4D doesn't have these options yet.
Even if the final saved output result is correct, the Picture Viewer panel could be misleading.

To solve the issue, you need to disable the Color Profile in Picture Viewer/View menu:

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Problem with color at exports

Postby elsksa » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:47 am

elsksa Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:47 am
Hi,

Not only your render settings are inappropriate and excessive, but as beppe pointed out, the "color management" is also muddled-up. Here are two guides with easy-to-follow instructions, applicable to Octane as a whole, plugins included:
https://www.elsksa.me/scientia/cgi-offline-rendering/octane-render-settings
https://www.elsksa.me/scientia/cgi-offline-rendering/octane-render-color-management

It's important to not neglect either of them.
elsksa
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion