New to octane scene

Forums: New to octane scene
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

New to octane scene

Postby JakeMMC » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:00 am

JakeMMC Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:00 am
I'm new to the octane scene. I was visiting a friend's house and I tried octane for the first time. I enjoyed it and want to learn more before buying it. So will the demo be the latest version of octane but with the added restrictions? And when buying octane on a monthly subscription are you able to chose what version of octane you can download? Or do you have the ability to download all?
JakeMMC

Re: New to octane scene

Postby elsksa » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:39 pm

elsksa Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:39 pm
Hello Jake, I will give myself a try by replying first.

As far as I know, the demo is not the latest version. If "latest" is referring to the very latest versions, being the experimental builds (for testing purposes - they do work fine overall but are not "production-safe").

When you have a license, you can indeed select different versions and switch if necessary. Downloading all versions would be quite superfluous. There is the FAQs page: https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/faqs and you can also join the official Octane Discord server as there is an active community.

If you are interested, I have wrote some articles about Octane (the "core" renderer and Standalone, not specific to any 3D DCC): https://www.elsksa.me/octane.
I would be curious to hear any feedback coming from someone new to Octane, if there are any aspects that you think should be covered, for instance.
elsksa
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion