Local DB Image File Links

Forums: Local DB Image File Links
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Local DB Image File Links

Postby cknowles » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:20 pm

cknowles Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:20 pm
I am having issues saving materials in the local DB in Octane Standalone. The material definition gets saved there, but the links to the textures that are used to build the material do not seem to save. When I create a new scene and import the saved material from the local DB, the links are broken and the material does not rebuild properly. Where are the image files supposed to go? Can the textures go anywhere as long as the material definition is in the local DB? I tried moving the images to the local DB folder, but that didn't do it. I am on subscription and am using standalone version 4.00 (not the demo version).
cknowles

Re: Local DB Image File Links

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:29 pm

bepeg4d Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:29 pm
Hi cknowles,
please, select the desired material cinnected to a material pin, and all the connected nodes, than group them, name the group node, and save it to the LocalDB.
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion