Octane doesn't logout properly

Forums: Octane doesn't logout properly
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Octane doesn't logout properly

Postby MyRho » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:20 pm

MyRho Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:20 pm
I'm using Octane 2020.1.5 as a standalone and as a plugin for DAZ studio.
I'm working on two different computers, one is in my office the other one is at home, both running Windows 10 with all the newest drivers, I have installed all the updates for Win 10.
I've got a NVidia GTX 1080i on both computers. In the office we run Panda AV and firewall, on my own computer I've installed Bitdefender Internet Security.

When I leave the office I usually close octane so I can use it at home and vice versa.
Since a few days octane won't log out properly so the license seems to be in use - I cannot start octane on the other computer.
When I've closed Octane on the one in the office and when I shut down the computer and try to start octane at home it says the license is still in use so I have to unlock the license to start octane.

There are only 2 unlocks left.

I've check for some octane processes using the task manager on both machines after I had shut down Octane/the DAZ plugin but I couldn't find it.
Nevertheless I can't start octane on the other machine without unlocking the license, even if the other computer is completely off line and not running.

I don't know what to do now so I can get a proper running octane.... :(
Maybe someone can help me?

Mathias
Intel Core i7 3960X, X79A-GD65 (8D) (MS-7760), 32 GB DDR3-SDRAM G.Skill,
Asus GeForce GTX 3060 12GB, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit.

Nihil sum sine sole.
MyRho
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane doesn't logout properly

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:05 pm

bepeg4d Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:05 pm
Hi Mathias,
we have check your account and everything seems ok.
Please make sure to have installed the Enterprise version, instead of the Studio version.

Looking forward for your feedback,
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Octane doesn't logout properly

Postby mojave » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:19 pm

mojave Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:19 pm
Do you still have the same issue when the antivirus is not enabled?

If so can you run Octane placing the attached file next to your octane.exe and octane.dll files for standalone and the plugin respectively and share what you get when the license seems to not to be released? There should be a file named octane_log.txt next to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)