Pipeline problem - Big textures animated

Forums: Pipeline problem - Big textures animated
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Pipeline problem - Big textures animated

Postby Maskeline » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:14 am

Maskeline Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:14 am
Hello.
I have encountered a problem integrating octane into my company's pipeline.
We have a shot in which I have a 15K Equirectangular environment texture in linear and 16bits animated, EXR format. The image sequence weighs a total of 205 Gb (330 frames).
Maya (with octane) handles this information very well, but when I board it with the standalone is when I have problems; as soon as I build the scene in the standalone (with the image sequence already inserted) and I want to save the scene... It saves it with the environment and can reach more than 200 Gb!

The use of this texture is reiterative in approximately 20 shots; so it is crazy to have all the shots with a weight of 200 gb (not counting the reading and writing time and the possible versions).

In our pipeline we always work the scenes with maya and finish the renders with standalone octane (faster and better to go up to render farms).

Is there any way to place the texture in the standalone but not embedded in the orbx file?

Thank you!
Maskeline
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Pipeline problem - Big textures animated

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:11 am

bepeg4d Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:11 am
Hi,
the .orbx file is designed to include all the assets necessary to the scene, so it is normal that has to include the entire environment sequence.

A solution could be to create an orbx file that contains al the 20 shots/Render Targets, sharing the same Environment node and geometry :roll:

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)