Hair Shader issues

Forums: Hair Shader issues
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: Hair Shader issues

Postby wallace » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:37 am

wallace Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:37 am
Banti wrote:This was rendered with the DAZ plugin 2020.1.5. I am not sure if i still have this particular scene saved but i will try to find it.
It should be noted that others on the DAZ plugin topic have pointed out that the issue might have been the fact that this hair is not "strand-based" but a transmapped one. Appearently the hair shader was intended for strand-based hair specifically and will cause problems if used on transmapped ones?

Does that mean after the fix it will work on non strand based hair too?

Hi,

OK I assumed your hair model was strand based, and no unfortunately the hair BRDF is specifically designed for strand based hair because it takes into account the cylindrical shape of the geometry.

The original poster's problems was from a strand based model, which was why I assumed you were also talking about the exact same issue as before.
wallace
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Hair Shader issues

Postby andrey.krivulya » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:32 pm

andrey.krivulya Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:32 pm
So, we find a good way with OTOY email support to fix the saturated albedo and specular in 3ds max =)

I recorded a small video to show the fix =)

Thank you and have a great day
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!
Best regards,
Andrew.
win 10 /64x Intel Core i9-11980HK - 64Gb RAM - 3080 Laptop - 16Gb VRAM - AERO 15 OLED YD

My youtube channel with 3d tutorials ----- >>>> https://www.youtube.com/c/AndrewKrivulya
andrey.krivulya
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)