This is another maintenance release for some issues we have come across. We are not anticipating any more significant changes for 2018, but there will probably at least another maintenance release in the not too distant future.
To use Octane 2018.1, you need to have a Studio or Enterprise subscription license. To use network render, you need to have an Enterprise license.
We recommend that you upgrade your NVIDIA driver to version 419.17 or newer. There have been some critical fixes in this newer version.
For introductory material on Octane 2018, please see the 2018.1 release post.
Changes since 2018.1.2:
- Change to naming for Cryptomatte IDs: If materials are wrapped in node graphs, the name in the Cryptomatte layers will be the node graph name without the linker name if the node graph has only one linker output. Brought back the period '.' between the node name and the numerical node ID when using the distinct node variant.
- Clamp FBX animation interval start time to avoid getting negative frames sometimes.
- Fixed a rare render failure.
- Fixed a possible crash in some scenes with animated joints.
- Fixed emission if "keep instance power" is enabled, but sampling rate is 0.
- Fixed GGX BRDF when looking perfectly perpendicular to the surface tangent.
- Fixed a bug causing the volume step length to not be taken into account for shadow rays.
- Fixed object transforms in OSL for volumes and volume SDFs.
- Fixed sun disappearing before it reaches the horizon in planetary mode (when altitude from the ground is arbitrarily high).
- Fixed import of geometry offsets of FBX in some cases (see viewtopic.php?p=353284#p353284 and viewtopic.php?p=353457#p353457).
- Fixed mistake causing the names and labels of some dynamic pins returned by the Lua API to be empty.
- Fixed display of pin groups if one of these pins is connected to a node graph.
- Fixed clipping of IP addresses in the network render preference panel.
- Lua: Fixed Lua stack overflow when using
- Lua: Fixed wrong color highlighting of a multi-line string in the Lua editor window.
Downloads for users with an Enterprise subscription license
OctaneRender Enterprise for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Enterprise for Mac OS
OctaneRender Enterprise for Linux
Downloads for users with a Studio subscription license
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Studio for Mac OS
OctaneRender Studio for Linux
OctaneRender Demo for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Demo for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Demo for Mac OS
OctaneRender Demo for Linux
Your OTOY Team