This is the first maintenance release of Octane 2018, to fix a variety of issues that came up.
A reminder: to use Octane 2018.1, you need to have a Studio or Enterprise subscription license. To use network render, you need to have an Enterprise license.
Important: we recommend that you upgrade your NVIDIA driver to version 419.17 or newer. There has been some critical fixes in this newer version.
For introductory material on Octane 2018, please see the 2018.1 release post.
Changes since 2018.1:
- Fixed universal material specular transmission with roughness 0 rendering incorrectly.
- Fixed excess noise when using a medium with universal material.
- Fixed SDF rendering black when using universal material on a flat surface with normal (0,0,1).
- Fixed regression of top left corner of denoised images rendering black pixels.
- Increased max number of transparent intersections to 200. This fixes some scenes that have a lot of alpha maps.
- Fixed incorrect maximum samples rendered when deep pixel is enabled without render passes.
- Fixed object layers when used with displacement materials.
- Fixed displacement on uv set 2 and 3, if uv set 1 is invalid.
- Lua: fixed
octane.node.getPinInfoIx(...).namewhich was returning the label instead of the pin name.
- Fixed Cryptomatte when used with network rendering
- Fixed a lockup and crash if stopping rendering immediately before receiving the first set of results.
- Fixed vertex attributes crashing when used over network render.
- Enterprise versions have now support for offline activation with dongles.
Downloads for users with a Studio subscription license
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Studio for Mac OS
OctaneRender Studio for Linux
Downloads for users with an Enterprise subscription license
OctaneRender Enterprise for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Enterprise for Mac OS
OctaneRender Enterprise for Linux
OctaneRender Demo for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Demo for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Demo for Mac OS
OctaneRender Demo for Linux