OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1 [current 3.xx]

Postby cfrank78 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:05 pm

cfrank78 Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:05 pm
Hi Beppe!

I allready posted several times. I also wrote that if i work with 388.xx and or 387.xx drivers it works but i HAVE TO update soon. So then it will nto work anymore. I also have a win 7 machine, that works fine with my 780 ti cards and the newest drivers. Same mainboard, same gpu´s same drivers. So its hard to believe that it is a hardware problem. This is pretty sure a driver or a Octane problem i think and it is known since many months! Same in V4 btw.

Chris
cfrank78
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:02 pm

bepeg4d Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:02 pm
Hi Chris,
try with another CUDA application, you will have the same error, so it depends from Microsoft and Nvidia.
Why don’t you install Win 7 also on this machine?
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby zoppo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:44 pm

zoppo Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:44 pm
.........................................................................................................................................................
╔═══╗
║╔═╗║
╚╝╔╝║
──║╔╝
──╔╗
──╚╝

Offline mode?

zoppo wrote:_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HELLO? ANYONE?

Are you just going to ignore questions regarding the Offline Mode?
I have not been able to use the current so called "stable version" for two months now because of this.

zoppo wrote:No answer regarding the Offline Mode??

Is the Offline Mode back again? I can't use 3.08 w/o my render clients.

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:53 pm:

Goldorak wrote:Sorry for the inconvenience - while this is otherwise a feature complete release, we should have also noted that the offline system for 3.08+ is still at least a week or more out as we compete testing on a new backend for this. If anyone requires offline mode sooner, I’m recommending staying on 3.07 for just a little longer. Please contact help desk if there is a hard and immediate requirement for offline mode with 3.08.
C4D 2023 | Win10
zoppo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Goldorak Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:43 pm
Goldorak wrote:Sorry for the inconvenience - while this is otherwise a feature complete release, we should have also noted that the offline system for 3.08+ is still at least a week or more out as we compete testing on a new backend for this. If anyone requires offline mode sooner, I’m recommending staying on 3.07 for just a little longer. Please contact help desk if there is a hard and immediate requirement for offline mode with 3.08.

We ran into several unforeseen QA issues with the offline mode system which pushed this out further than we hoped - but sorted that out last week. We'll post in this thread with a precise update once we have finished QA process by EOW.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby zoppo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:48 pm

zoppo Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:48 pm
Thanks for the answer.

Goldorak wrote:

We ran into several unforeseen QA issues with the offline mode system which pushed this out further than we hoped - but sorted that out last week. We'll post in this thread with a precise update once we have finished QA process by EOW.
C4D 2023 | Win10
zoppo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fabian19 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:25 am

fabian19 Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:25 am
Hi Fabian,

Thanks for testing. For some reason, the slave immediately shuts down after startup. Are you using C4D or the Standalone? If you are using C4D as net render master, could you try to get network rendering working on the Standalone and let me know if that works?

Thank you,
Marcus

Hi Marcus,

i had an urgent project, so i moved back to 3.08. Now back to debugging.

3.0.8.1 is working as C4D plugin and as standalone for Mac and Windows. Using Windows as a render slaves works fine.

Only thing not working is the daemon using MacOS. I tried to start the daemon as root, when running as root,
i got asked for username and password, which does not happen, when running it as normal user. Maybe an permission issue ?

As the standalone and plugin is working i don´t see any driver problems here.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers,

Fabian
fabian19
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby cfrank78 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:09 am

cfrank78 Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:09 am
bepeg4d wrote:Hi Chris,
try with another CUDA application, you will have the same error, so it depends from Microsoft and Nvidia.
Why don’t you install Win 7 also on this machine?
ciao Beppe

??? Are you Serious? This a Machine with several working softwares and i shall fully reinstall a new system becaue of a problem that a softwarecompany that relies on CUDA can not fix with the CUDA DELIVERING COMPANY? Guys you work with CUDA / NVIDIA. Nvidia blames you, you blame nvidia. This is a WORK - station. Not a gaming computer. Many things are adjusted and set up to work properly. 3D Printer, CNC Milling Maschine, and and and. Who´s gonny pay me the time to reinstall and setup a whole pc and OLDER system? You guys? I was used to turn the baby on, start the tools and go. Everythign worked like a charm. Suddenly, nothing. As long as the driver works its fine, but as i said i have other softwares too and they often need the newest version.

I am not the kind of guy who goes crazy within hours or days, but this is a problem for months that you guys were not able to fix or even possible to phone with nvidia - the company your product was built on!

I am a goldsmith. Lets turn it arround. You come to me and buy a goldring and then i tell you: yes, go to other shops, buy there the diamonds and the gold, then come back to me and i make you a ring and MAYBE after some months i am done with it. i cannot promise, but i will have a look. what do you think how many customers i would have?

If you cant fix that, you definetly have one less. Sorry guys!

Have a nice day - Chris
cfrank78
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby frankmci » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:04 pm

frankmci Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:04 pm
cfrank78 wrote: This is a WORK - station. Not a gaming computer. Many things are adjusted and set up to work properly. 3D Printer, CNC Milling Maschine, and and and. Who´s gonny pay me the time to reinstall and setup a whole pc and OLDER system? You guys? I was used to turn the baby on, start the tools and go. Everythign worked like a charm. Suddenly, nothing. As long as the driver works its fine, but as i said i have other softwares too and they often need the newest version.

I am not the kind of guy who goes crazy within hours or days, but this is a problem for months that you guys were not able to fix or even possible to phone with nvidia - the company your product was built on!

As a professional 3D guy for the last 25 years, in both manufacture and visualization, as both a single guy freelancer and as a member of larger businesses, it seems crazy to me that you would depend on one machine to reliably perform so many functions. You're just asking for conflicts. There's also a reason most tools used in serious production are not the latest and greatest cutting edge techno wonders, and that's their inherent unreliability. If cutting edge tools are used in production, then there is likely to be a dedicated support staff to keep it up and running. If you want to experiment on the cutting edge, that's fine, but there are a lot of inherent risks that come along with it.

If you've got an older system that works reliably, don't mess with it! Instead, experiment with a new system that you don't rely upon for daily production. Once the new system is stable and can do everything you want it to, consider it locked and phase out the old system. Then start over. That's the reality of working in a field where the technology is constantly changing along several, often conflicting, fronts. If you want solid, stable, reliable tools, be happy with ones that are well behind the leading edge.

Your goldsmith analogy is not a very good one. Instead, imagine trying to find a good surgical team that can reconstruct your spine after a motorcycle accident. What does the current research on nerve regeneration say? How about vertebra rebuilding from bone grafts? Stem cell injections? What are the possible surgical procedures, the drug treatments, the physical therapy options? What are possible risks and benefits of each? Procedures and treatments developed 10-20 years ago have well established track records, and the risks and benefits are well known. Current medical research universities and hospitals have some new options that look extremely promising, but the risks are also much greater. Which ever way you go, either cutting edge or well established, the medical professionals will do their best for you, but you have to know what you are getting into.

- Frank
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fabian19 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:38 am

fabian19 Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:38 am
fabian19 wrote:
Hi Fabian,

Thanks for testing. For some reason, the slave immediately shuts down after startup. Are you using C4D or the Standalone? If you are using C4D as net render master, could you try to get network rendering working on the Standalone and let me know if that works?

Thank you,
Marcus

Hi Marcus,

i tried some more things like disabling the firewall, reinstall the daemon, but still no luck.

I start a new project this week and i need this slave working, any suggestions for me ?

Cheers,

Fabian
fabian19
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 am

bepeg4d Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 am
Hi Fabian,
I have the same software configuration in my Mac Pro, and the daemon is working perfectly here.
Please, go to Apple menu, About this Mac, then press the System Report button, then Graphics/Display, and share a screenshot, thanks:
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)