Orbx bug: Cinema4D Sweep not working correctly

Forums: Orbx bug: Cinema4D Sweep not working correctly
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Orbx bug: Cinema4D Sweep not working correctly

Postby dmartin3d » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:25 pm

dmartin3d Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:25 pm
Hi All,
OctaneRender v3.07 (yea adaptive sampling!) Cinema4D R17.055
Here are my render settings:
RenderSettings.JPG

So I've got a 240 frame animation that uses a key framed sweep (extrusion along curve with a circle as the profile) to extrude some geo along that curve. The sweep is key framed from 0-100% along the way and can have values that range from 0.00% to 100% with fractions all along the way. What I've found when exporting to the Orbx format or uploading to ORC to render is that the sweep does not accurately extrude the geo and keep the geo already grown until some arbitrary percentage has been crossed, i.e. at .097% or 3.4% I get only the leading part of the geo, essentially a disc or cross section that grows but leaves no geo along its path, once this magical sweep completion percentage is reached it grows correctly but I need a smooth animation that doesn't pop on or not work at all until this magical number has been reached. Btw, this sweep works just fine with the plugin in C4D but will not export correctly to the Orbx format or upload to ORC correctly (I've tried both multiple times but nothing works). Also, this worked flawlessly in OctaneRender v3.05 with zero issues but I had to upgrade to v3.07 to take advantage of the adaptive sampling since I'm using lots of emissive materials and glass so I'm always struggling to keep the noise down without making my renders insanely long.

SweepERROR.JPG

SweepCORRECT.JPG

I'm kind of in a time crunch especially since each frame takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes to render.

Please help!!!!!!

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dmartin3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Orbx bug: Cinema4D Sweep not working correctly

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:16 pm

bepeg4d Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:16 pm
Hi dmartin3d,
do you mind to try with c4doctane 3.06.2?
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=60816
Adaptive sampling has been added in 3.06.
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Orbx bug: Cinema4D Sweep not working correctly

Postby dmartin3d » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:56 pm

dmartin3d Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:56 pm
Sweet! Thank you bepeg4d, that seems to have done the trick.
Now back to rendering........;)
dmartin3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)