OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.07

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.07
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.07 [current 3.xx]

Postby manalokos » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:11 pm

manalokos Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:11 pm
Thanks Abstrax,

You should consider making the same behaviour for grouped geometry assets.
Usually our workflow to get a geometry asset is to pick the geomtry, select "show in outliner", select the parent in the outliner, and then select the option "show in nodegraph"... it is a waste of time. :(
manalokos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:13 pm

coilbook Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:13 pm
Hi Integrated cloud rendering into each plugin is still a dream that has not been realized for years. Anyway otoy can lift GPU limit to like 25-30 GPUs We want to buy more licenses for other slaves but we've reached our limit of 20. And we do not want to simultaneously render two separate scenes due to too much CPU/mem usage on the master. Thanks
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TRRazor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:34 pm

TRRazor Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:34 pm
Hi Abstrax,
came here to report a bug that had been fixed in the past but must have been re-introduced with one of the last version updates.
When you have a material with a Normal map node, but the normal map image node stays empty, you get a weird darkening-effect with many other strange properties on said surface.

Can this please be fixed? Thanks in advance :)
W10 64 bit | i7 3770K | MSI Geforce RTX 2080 (8GB) + GTX Titan Black (6GB) | 32 GB DDR3 RAM
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby acc24ex » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:28 pm

acc24ex Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:28 pm
When are you going to do optimize voxeling so we can fit 100-200% more polygons on the GPUs
- it's obvious it can be done looking at fstorm (I know, you hate it, but they've done just that).. and here you got users wandering what is going on with octane, there was never even a question of whether you can even fit more data - we always assume it's going to get lowered with each new implementation, and here we have a demonstration you can put go 2-3 times more polygons on a gpu ??

Please explain why or how?
[size=85]3dmax, zbrush, UE
//Behance profile //BOONAR
//Octane render toolbox 3dsmax
acc24ex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:15 pm

Goldorak Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:15 pm
acc24ex wrote:When are you going to do optimize voxeling so we can fit 100-200% more polygons on the GPUs
- it's obvious it can be done looking at fstorm (I know, you hate it, but they've done just that).. and here you got users wandering what is going on with octane, there was never even a question of whether you can even fit more data - we always assume it's going to get lowered with each new implementation, and here we have a demonstration you can put go 2-3 times more polygons on a gpu ??

Do you remember Octane 1? It was faster and could load more geometry in VRAM than V2 or V3, because it was much, much simpler before.

Brigade engine basically skips Octane's 'voxelizing' for loading and scene changes, so it's nearly as fast as game engine updates. It can load over 2x the geometry buffers than even Octane 1 could The one feature we've shared publicly (so far) about Octane 4 is that Brigade is 100% integrated inside octane, so you will get the best of both engines.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby acc24ex » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:06 pm

acc24ex Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:06 pm
Goldorak wrote:
acc24ex wrote:When are you going to do optimize voxeling so we can fit 100-200% more polygons on the GPUs

Do you remember Octane 1? It was faster and could load more geometry in VRAM than V2 or V3, because it was much, much simpler before.

Brigade engine basically skips Octane's 'voxelizing' for loading and scene changes, so it's nearly as fast as game engine updates. It can load over 2x the geometry buffers than even Octane 1 could The one feature we've shared publicly (so far) about Octane 4 is that Brigade is 100% integrated inside octane, so you will get the best of both engines.

I remember 0.9alpha :)
but fstorm can fit 2 times more, not 1 time more actually - so still jumps over brigade .. anyways - where's brigade it's been years
[size=85]3dmax, zbrush, UE
//Behance profile //BOONAR
//Octane render toolbox 3dsmax
acc24ex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby andw » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:46 pm

andw Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:46 pm
Using white balance picker several times (clicking rather frequent) can lead to all GPU failed state :shock:
Code: Select all
Started logging on 10.12.17 17:34:27

OctaneRender 3.07 (3070007)

CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was encountered
  -> kernel execution failed(wppick)
device 0: white point picking failed
CUDA error 700 on device 1: an illegal memory access was encountered
  -> failed to load symbol data to the device(imager data)
device 1: failed to upload imager params

Can I get some more details of this error somewhere? (i.e. hardware/driver fail and so on).
AMD R7-2700/64Gb/RTX2080Ti 11Gb + RTX2080 8Gb/Win10 Pro x64/nV driver 451.67/Poser10, DS4.12, Blender2.79, Octane 4.05 Standalone
> Using RAM Disk with Octane <
andw
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Kross » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Kross Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:11 pm
Hi guys, first of all I was thoroughly testing the new version of Octane 3.07, it's great!

However, there are 2 bugs that I discovered in the new version:
1) I have created a new project in Octane 3.07, create a scene with several "Renders Targets", and when I want to save the image from the icon: "Save the current render to disk", "PNG 8-bit", the dialog box to save does not appear... I mean: I can not save the images that I started in Octane 3.07.
This bug does not happen if I open a file created in version 3.06 and try to save from 3.07, ok.
2) If in the space of Nodegraph editor, I select any node "Render Target" and then Ctrl + C and then Ctrl + V to make a copy of the node, effectively makes the copy; but all the modifications do not make them in the copy, but in the original node ... this makes lose all the settings of the original scene. I found a way to avoid this: and it is by selecting any other existing "Render Target" node, and then re-selecting the newly created node. That always happens, and if you do not take care doing this trick, you lose many hours of work.

I await your answers, and thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kross
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:46 pm

abstrax Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:46 pm
TRRazor wrote:Hi Abstrax,
came here to report a bug that had been fixed in the past but must have been re-introduced with one of the last version updates.
When you have a material with a Normal map node, but the normal map image node stays empty, you get a weird darkening-effect with many other strange properties on said surface.

Can this please be fixed? Thanks in advance :)

This is most likely a problem with the plugin you are using. The normal channel now allows any texture to be used in the normal channel and most likely, the plugin sets it to some RGB colour with value (0, 0, 0) instead of not connecting the pin or setting it to the default normal colour (0.5, 0.5, 1).

If you think that's a general Octane issue, please send me a scene showing the problem. Thank you.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abstrax » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:14 am

abstrax Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:14 am
andw wrote:Using white balance picker several times (clicking rather frequent) can lead to all GPU failed state :shock:
Code: Select all
Started logging on 10.12.17 17:34:27

OctaneRender 3.07 (3070007)

CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was encountered
  -> kernel execution failed(wppick)
device 0: white point picking failed

Can I get some more details of this error somewhere? (i.e. hardware/driver fail and so on).

I just tried to reproduce it in various scenes, but had no luck.

Does it happen with all scenes? If not, could you send me a scene where this problem occurs? Which GPUs go you use and is it the Standalone you are running?

Thank you.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)