Gradual noise dissipation

Forums: Gradual noise dissipation
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Gradual noise dissipation

Postby coilbook » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:12 pm

coilbook Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:12 pm
Hi anyway we can have a spinner called border width so we can have gradual noise dissipation where mesh ends. Good for puddles masks etc. So noise does not get cut by mesh edges Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: Gradual noise dissipation

Postby mojave » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 pm

mojave Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:22 pm
You can achieve this by using a Multiply texture node with your noise as one of the inputs and a greyscale mask you'd like to use to delimit your edges as the second one.
User avatar
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:35 pm

Re: Gradual noise dissipation

Postby coilbook » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:51 am

coilbook Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:51 am
mojave wrote:You can achieve this by using a Multiply texture node with your noise as one of the inputs and a greyscale mask you'd like to use to delimit your edges as the second one.



hi thank you

we jsut thought if you guys can do it procedurally where noise map can detect edges like dirt map so we dont have to deal with masks and mapping thank you
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: Gradual noise dissipation

Postby calus » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:37 am

calus Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:37 am
coilbook wrote:
mojave wrote:You can achieve this by using a Multiply texture node with your noise as one of the inputs and a greyscale mask you'd like to use to delimit your edges as the second one.



hi thank you

we jsut thought if you guys can do it procedurally where noise map can detect edges like dirt map so we dont have to deal with masks and mapping thank you

You just need to use the dirt node as the mask so everything is procedural...
Pascal ANDRE
--------------------
Maya 2019, Windows 7, 128 GB RAM
4x GTX 1070, driver 430.39
--------------------

--------------------
Join MAYA OCTANE USERS Skype discussion here :
https://join.skype.com/LXEQaqqfN15w
--------------------
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 9:31 am
Location: Paris

Re: Gradual noise dissipation

Postby coilbook » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:57 pm

coilbook Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:57 pm
calus wrote:
coilbook wrote:
mojave wrote:You can achieve this by using a Multiply texture node with your noise as one of the inputs and a greyscale mask you'd like to use to delimit your edges as the second one.



hi thank you

we jsut thought if you guys can do it procedurally where noise map can detect edges like dirt map so we dont have to deal with masks and mapping thank you

You just need to use the dirt node as the mask so everything is procedural...



Thank you
unfortunately dirt shows up when other meshes get close to it. i wish dirt worked on sub object level so other objects in close proximity wont create dirt on the object with a dirt map.

Please otoy add an option where dirt works on sub object level only
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:53 pm [ UTC ]