new features of 3.07

Forums: new features of 3.07
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: new features of 3.07

Postby calus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:17 pm

calus Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:17 pm
abstrax wrote:Baking texture

We added a texture that allows you to bake an arbitrary texture into an image. We implemented this mainly to allow the use of procedural textures in displacement mapping, but it may have some other uses, too. The baking uses the texture preview system and then appears like an image texture to the rest of the system. The baking is done whenever an input is changed and is calculated on-the-fly. The internal image will not be stored in the project and thus needs to be recalculated whenever the project is loaded.

With this texture node, you can utilize the full power of procedural textures and combine them with displacement, which for example makes it super easy to create alien landscapes like this:

This description of the BakingTexture node is misleading/false.

This node only support input texture using uvProjection,
so we can't utilize the full power of procedural textures and combine them with displacement,
this is only possible with UVprojected procedurals (and this is too bad as most of the real use-case need other projection than uv for procedural, basically it's only good for plane displacement).

For any texture using any other projection (UVW, spherical, cubic, ...) the bakingtexture node just doesn't work,
it is sampling a texture projected wrongly in uvSpace instead of object/world space.
Here is the example of a simple Torus with proper UVs :
BakingTextureNodeBug.orbx

BakingTextureNodeBug.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

where to download 3.07?

Postby Uhlhorn » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:45 pm

Uhlhorn Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:45 pm
Where can I download the Modo plugin version 3.07.0.125?
When I go to my account to downloads and select version 3.07 the link brings me to 3.08. But I need to work with 3.07, because I can’t make network rendering with 3.08.
Uhlhorn
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)