OCTANE DEVELOPERS READ THIS THREAD TO SEE OCTANES ISSUES

Forums: OCTANE DEVELOPERS READ THIS THREAD TO SEE OCTANES ISSUES
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OCTANE DEVELOPERS READ THIS THREAD TO SEE OCTANES ISSUES

Postby manalokos » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:14 am

manalokos Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:14 am
Hi Mojave,

Yes I know, but we are constantly going back and forth between DL. Info, and Pathtracing on the menu on the right, as we are debugging other parts of the graph, so when we go back to Pathtracing we loose all our settings for that node.
Another thing:
The graph node gets also too cluttered to manage it efficiently, it would be great to have an "Up" or "Back" button to move out of nodes and sub-nodes, just like navigating in folders and subfolders in a standard windows folder.
I have to regularly close all the tabs in the graph editor because they are packed so tight they are impossible to read.

mojave wrote:
Hi Filipe,

There's a way you can already save your preferred kernel settings by saving the node as a preset into your local DB.
manalokos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:35 am

coilbook Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:35 am
lately your new updates gave us tons of failed slaved with lots of cuda errors
Also when rendering for animation slave fails we have no idea it did. Please add a pop up message slave failed or something like this.
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:25 pm

mojave Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:25 pm
manalokos wrote:Yes I know, but we are constantly going back and forth between DL. Info, and Pathtracing on the menu on the right, as we are debugging other parts of the graph, so when we go back to Pathtracing we loose all our settings for that node.

As an option, instead of switching your kernel node type you could have different kernel nodes and change the one connected to your render target. In that way your settings will not be lost.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby manalokos » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:17 pm

manalokos Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:17 pm
Yes, we know that... but if we are using DL it is because we are inspecting another part of the nodegraph, which is already difficult to navigate, it is not really an option to use kernel nodes in the nodegraph there are already too many nodes.
So much that I sometimes wish there was an option for global materials and more stuff.
And trust me, I am already working with the Octane Standalone since 2011, and working on very complex setups, everyday ever since.

mojave wrote:
As an option, instead of switching your kernel node type you could have different kernel nodes and change the one connected to your render target. In that way your settings will not be lost.

Kind regards
Filipe
manalokos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:05 pm

FrankPooleFloating Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:05 pm
Goldorak wrote:3.07 is nearly out. 3.08 is internally being tested...

Hey G, can you elaborate a wee bit on nearly? :? 3.07 kinda seems like a moving target...
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:24 am

Goldorak Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:24 am
FrankPooleFloating wrote:

Hey G, can you elaborate a wee bit on nearly? :? 3.07 kinda seems like a moving target...

3.07 sdk is going out to plugin devs this week for initial testing and integration.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Tag12345 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:05 am

Tag12345 Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:05 am
Goldorak wrote:
FrankPooleFloating wrote:

3.07 sdk is going out to plugin devs this week for initial testing and integration.

is this update going to give faster render times against noise?
Tag12345
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Draydin_r » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:00 pm

Draydin_r Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:00 pm
Supposedly it will have the post processing denoiser built into it.
Intel Core i7 CPU 6850K @ 3.60GHz 128.0 GB Ram / Win 10 64 bit / 1x GeForce RTX 3080
Draydin_r
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:05 pm

mojave Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:05 pm
Draydin_r wrote:Supposedly it will have the post processing denoiser built into it.

The Octane AI denoiser is still in a experimental phase. It will come in a later date, but it hasn't been announced for 3.07.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Tag12345 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:40 am

Tag12345 Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:40 am
mojave wrote:
Draydin_r wrote:Supposedly it will have the post processing denoiser built into it.

The Octane AI denoiser is still in a experimental phase. It will come in a later date, but it hasn't been announced for 3.07.

Well, i guess that makes sense since a denoiser would be a larger leap than 3.XX --> 3.XY (more like a 3.1 update or 3.2 instead)

though honestly, how long must we wait? Any dates at all, even estimates? And if 3.07 or 3.08 dont include major updates what will they have -- bugfixes?

It just feels like we keep waiting and waiting -- but being already 2-3 months or more, we aernt getting anywhere closer. Although i made this thread and we seem to be communicating with you devs abit more often (which is awesome), it still feels like you guys also seem unsure or wary to put of info about even estimated dates for progress,etc.

You have to understand, we are getting no relief in being told that big things are coming, then wait a few months, then told again the same thing, then waiting longer, then getting confirmation that things are being finalized, and that the update/features we were hoping for, are still being worked on and wont be in the next updates to come -- mind you -- without giving dates on this stuff too.

Can we honestly get a Long sticky thread about everything? I feel its time. Otherwise whats the point in talking with us if you guys cant take in account how we are feeling about all of this. Help us out, and lets push through this together without leaving us in the dark.

@gold @mojave @stratified @aokar @abstrax

Hell, add me to the team and ill do it haha (joke) but honestly. Communication is key. And rn, if you scroll through all of the forum posts and more, even the Facebook Oage showing the timeline for Octane 4 & brigade, the community as a whole is asking wheres the updates, wheres the communication, wheres the stuff people were promised a year or so ago when 3.X launched.

its been almost a whole year. You have many of these people looking into using other renderers during this time as they wait on Octane to develop more (since that 600$ investment doesnt come easy).

Least yall can do is Sticky thread with an update with as much info as you can about Updates - Delays - Better Communication here forward

No hate to the devs, yall know we love you all -- the work you guys do, and you guys are the reason we get to make the incredible stuff we do. Lets start again on a better footing though!
Tag12345
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)