OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06.1

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06.1
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06.1

Postby abstrax » Fri May 19, 2017 4:22 am

abstrax Fri May 19, 2017 4:22 am
Hi all,

This release fixes various bugs that got reported for 3.06 during the last weeks. We also added various functions to improve the GUI support in the Sketchup and Unity plugins, but these will be not visible in the Standalone of course.

You can find an overview of all new major features of 3.06 in this thread.

And apologies for the delay of the OctaneBench release, but bug fixing took quite a bit longer than expected. We really hope to have it out next week.

Changes since version 3.06

• Added ability to change linker group names in the node graph editor, too.
  • Switched the triplanar texture to use the interpolated geometry normal without bump mapping (see viewtopic.php?p=311801#p311801).
  • The random colour texture is now varying per instance of mesh node instead per instance of mesh configuration (which is represented by node chains leading from material/object layer map nodes to a mesh node). This is to solve some longstanding issues with the Maya plugin.
  • Added new menu entry "All items" to the node graph editor context menu, which shows all possible node items that can be created.
  • Fixed artifacts behind transparent surface if the shadow pass is enabled (see viewtopic.php?p=311530#p311530).
  • Fixed update of importance sampled texture environments after rotation of the texture projection.
  • Fixed incorrect loading of the field-of-view settings in animated panoramic cameras.
  • Fixed crash on OSX when an interactive render region is used (see viewtopic.php?f=86&t=60995).
  • Removed recovery after CUDA failures, because it doesn't work. As soon as a CUDA failure occurs, the CUDA becomes unusable for that device, which seems to be a limitation of CUDA.
  • Fixed unnecessary render restarts after changing scatter and placement nodes that are not connected with mesh nodes.
  • Fixed missing geometry update after a volume got reloaded due to a time change and some scene update was triggered in between.
  • Fixed the texture tangent vector of particles.
  • Fixed crash when an error occurs in a render job script.
  • Fixed incorrect build options causing octane-cli.exe to require the installation of the Visual Studio 2010 runtime libraries.
  • Lua: Added octane.render.grabRenderResult() to fetch the current render result from the render target.
  • Lua: Added A_RESET_ON_INIT for script graphs, to (optionally) allow preventing them from getting cleared during initialization.
  • Lua: Fixed missing evaluations if octane.scriptgraph._evaluateAllChanges is enabled and value changes are processed during an evaluation of input nodes.

Downloads for users with a regular license

regular version for Windows (installer)
regular version for Windows (ZIP archive)
regular version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
regular version for Linux (ZIP archive)

Downloads for users with a subscription license

subscription version for Windows (installer)
subscription version for Windows (ZIP archive)
subscription version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
subscription version for Linux (ZIP archive)

Demo version downloads

demo version for Windows (installer)
demo version for Windows (ZIP archive)
demo version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
demo version for Linux (ZIP archive)

Photoshop workflow plugin download

You can download and install the plugin either via the Adobe Exchange platform (the latest version still needs to be approved by Adobe, so it may take some time to show up) or you can download it from the link below and manually install it.

Windows and Mac OS X
Photoshop extension (v1.0.5) (ZXP archive)

Happy rendering,
Your OTOY NZ Team
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.06.1 [current 3.xx]

Postby calus » Fri May 19, 2017 7:41 am

calus Fri May 19, 2017 7:41 am
abstrax wrote:
  • The random colour texture is now varying per instance of mesh node instead per instance of mesh configuration (which is represented by node chains leading from material/object layer map nodes to a mesh node). This is to solve some longstanding issues with the Maya plugin.

This modification breaks compatibility with previous version, color randomization with same randomSeed is different from 3.06 :
MayaPluginInstanceRandomColorBug.orbx

octane_2017-05-19_09-27-08.png

octane_2017-05-19_09-25-49.png

Also I'm confused about why this "workaround" was added to Octane-core instead of fixing the bug on the Maya plugin side.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very thank-full for this,
but this should have been fixed for years in the Maya plugin:
There no such limitation in the Maya API that would prevent to implement Maya Instance RandomColour the way it is supposed to work :
=> Use a common shadingMap node for instances with the same material, instead of one ShadingMap node per Instance.

I think the limitation was just in JimStar's understanding of the Maya API...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby amathews9518 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:41 am

amathews9518 Tue May 23, 2017 1:41 am
Is there a unity plugin?
I don't see one in the list
W764 2xE5 2650 3-780(3GB) + 780TI(3GB) Asrack EP2C602 40gb Lightwave & Chief Architect
amathews9518
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Tue May 23, 2017 2:39 am

Goldorak Tue May 23, 2017 2:39 am
amathews9518 wrote:Is there a unity plugin?
I don't see one in the list

Unity/Octane is going to be built into the final release of Unity 2017, no need to download/install it from the plug-ins page.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby smicha » Tue May 23, 2017 5:59 am

smicha Tue May 23, 2017 5:59 am
Thank you guys! I am also really happy to see the new SU plugin so close to perfection :)
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Tue May 23, 2017 6:05 am

smicha Tue May 23, 2017 6:05 am
I am not sure if I messed up something or this is a bug: when I open Octane I don't see the scene outliner. I have to go to windows and reset workspace to have it visible.

EDIT: reinstalled Octane and it works now fine. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by smicha on Tue May 23, 2017 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby grimm » Tue May 23, 2017 6:31 am

grimm Tue May 23, 2017 6:31 am
The outliner shows up no problem on my system, but it's Linux. I don't know if that should make a difference. The new version might be getting confused by an old ui setting maybe?
Linux Mint 20 x64 | Nvidia GTX 980 4GB (displays) RTX 2070 8GB| Intel I7 5820K 3.8 Ghz | 32Gb Memory | Nvidia Driver 460.56
grimm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Tue May 23, 2017 6:43 am

smicha Tue May 23, 2017 6:43 am
grimm wrote:The outliner shows up no problem on my system, but it's Linux. I don't know if that should make a difference. The new version might be getting confused by an old ui setting maybe?

Thanks Grimm. After reinstalling and cleaning cache all works fine.
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sdanaher » Wed May 24, 2017 11:00 am

sdanaher Wed May 24, 2017 11:00 am
BIG THANK YOU for fixing the render region crash!
Windows 10 - 64GB RAM - Cinema 4D R20 - RTX 2070 x3
sdanaher
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Uhlhorn » Fri May 26, 2017 12:53 am

Uhlhorn Fri May 26, 2017 12:53 am
The slaves are often stop rendering.

If I render an animation some frames will render well. But sometimes the slave stops with rendering. No information appears in the log.
If this occurs I stop the slave and start it again. This works until the next stop. But this is a huge problem when I am out of office. :-(

The slave is running on Windows 10 and is the version 3.06.1 (3060101).
Uhlhorn
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)