OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.04.4

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.04.4
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.04.4 [current 3.xx]

Postby smicha » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:32 am

smicha Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:32 am
KonstantinosD wrote:well what do you know, it worked! Weird that the official adobe extension manager was failing..
Thanx smicha :)

Great.

PS. Update your footer, 7x... :mrgreen:
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:46 am

mojave Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:46 am
KonstantinosD wrote:Can you please fix the octane Photoshop plugin to work with PS 2017, at the moment I can not install it.

Thanx,

Konstantinos

Hi,

At the moment is not officially supported but will do as soon as we can do some testing with the latest version and release an update.

Thanks.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby manalokos » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:20 pm

manalokos Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:20 pm
Hello,

In this version sometimes when rendering heavy scenes, the mouse pointer gets really fast, and changes speed randomly.
I also get sometimes a warning that the program is running out of memory but when I check there is still memory available.

I am using windows 10.

Kind regards
Filipe
manalokos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby augdalmo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:44 pm

augdalmo Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:44 pm
paint reflection on B.JPG
abstrax wrote:
tschwenke wrote:Hi,

I just installed the new version. Now, the "Beauty transmission filter" and the "Material transmission filter" look exactly the same!? In the previous version, there was a difference between those passes. When I used the "Material transmission filter," I had an alpha channel and only the transmission material has been displayed. Now, it's all black... :(

Best wishes,
Thomas

That was done on purpose to make the beauty filter passes and info filter passes consistent. In previous versions, the alpha of info filter passes was depending on the material type which didn't make sense at all. Since you don't need the alpha channel to apply the filter passes, we decided to make disable alpha for the info filter passes the same way it's handled in the beauty filter passes. For what would you use the alpha channel?

Hi Abstrax,

a bad news for the "Fixed incorrect direct light calculation of transmissive materials" it put in error HDRLS light pluglin!!!!
from this release the lights and reflection will be placed in the opposite side to be expected.
Here the scenes, please see on the screenshot the version of Octane plugin.
Please refix it!!!

Many Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
augdalmo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)