OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.04

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.04
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.04 [current 3.xx]

Postby doca » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:45 pm

doca Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:45 pm
bepeg4d wrote:Hi doca,
please, try with "Tonemap the render passes" option active when saving info passes.
ciao beppe

Hi beppe, abstrax,
Render passes works fine except "Lighting passes". Here is an example , and I have to mention that light ID setup is properly done and it works in Octane 3.03.04, (screen grabs of the same screen portion):
BEAUTY:
Capture2.JPG

Ambient color looks ok:
Capture3.JPG

But, Light ID1, ID2, ID3.... Are not working:
Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Object Color ID is ok, too:
Capture6.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doca
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:37 pm

abstrax Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:37 pm
doca wrote:
bepeg4d wrote:Hi doca,
please, try with "Tonemap the render passes" option active when saving info passes.
ciao beppe

Hi beppe, abstrax,
Render passes works fine except "Lighting passes". Here is an example , and I have to mention that light ID setup is properly done and it works in Octane 3.03.04, (screen grabs of the same screen portion):
BEAUTY:
Capture2.JPG

Ambient color looks ok:
Capture3.JPG

But, Light ID1, ID2, ID3.... Are not working:
Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Object Color ID is ok, too:
Capture6.JPG

I can't reproduce the issue. For example in this little test scene, it works correctly as far as I can see:
light_pass_test.orbx

-> If you could send me a scene that lets us reproduce the issue we are happy to fix it as soon as possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby nuno1980 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:26 pm

nuno1980 Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:26 pm
@abstrax:
NOTICE: Please should reply me - my message :?
NOTE: I'm sorry for bad english due to mute ;)

i7-12700KF
2x16GB RAM@DDR4-3600
MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4
Zotac GF RTX 4090 NEW! <3 :mrgreen:
SSDs OCZ RD400 0.5TB and Crucial 2TB SATA3
HDD 1TB SATA2
LG BD-RE BH16NS40
PSU 1kW
CRT 21" Sony E530 :D
nuno1980
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby doca » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:08 pm

doca Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:08 pm
abstrax wrote:-> If you could send me a scene that lets us reproduce the issue we are happy to fix it as soon as possible.

Hey absrax, your scene renders correctly. No luck with my scene.
I've attached simplified scene that renders lightID passes wrong way. Can't figure what is the problem. In 3.03.04 everything works fine.
Best,
Doca
doca
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:22 am

abstrax Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:22 am
doca wrote:
abstrax wrote:-> If you could send me a scene that lets us reproduce the issue we are happy to fix it as soon as possible.

I've attached simplified scene that renders lightID passes wrong way. Can't figure what is the problem. In 3.03.04 everything works fine.
Best,
Doca

Thanks for your scene. I found and fixed the issue. Since there were a couple of other annoying issues, we plan to get a new build as soon as possible. Probably at the end of the week.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby doca » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:37 am

doca Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:37 am
abstrax wrote:
doca wrote:

Best,
Doca

Thanks for your scene. I found and fixed the issue. Since there were a couple of other annoying issues, we plan to get a new build as soon as possible. Probably at the end of the week.

Great to hear that!!!
And, if i can suggest for that release:
gah5118 wrote:awesome!

love the batch render node. One improvement that would be great; add the file path selection to the main node rather than asking when running the render. This way, the node can be saved to your localdb and reused with the same settings every time.
doca
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:13 am

abstrax Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:13 am
doca wrote:Great to hear that!!!
And, if i can suggest for that release:
gah5118 wrote:awesome!

love the batch render node. One improvement that would be great; add the file path selection to the main node rather than asking when running the render. This way, the node can be saved to your localdb and reused with the same settings every time.

I don't fully understand. Why would you always want to render into the same directory? Or do you mean something else?
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby calus » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:08 am

calus Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:08 am
abstrax wrote:
gah5118 wrote:love the batch render node. One improvement that would be great; add the file path selection to the main node rather than asking when running the render. This way, the node can be saved to your localdb and reused with the same settings every time.

I don't fully understand. Why would you always want to render into the same directory? Or do you mean something else?

Gah's argument about saving batch render job to localdb is confusing and has nothing to do with the Output Folder problem.

The point is : why would you want to have to set the Output Folder everytime you run the batch render job ?
Output Folder shouldn't be an interactive step, but should be one of the the imput of the batch render job.

Also considere to change the default filename template from %n_%f_%p.%e to %n_%p_%f.%e,
because most of the applications need frame number to be at the end of the filename to recognize an image sequence.
Last edited by calus on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Elvissuperstar007 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:22 am

Elvissuperstar007 Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:22 am
slice cap
add to in the road map
win 7 /64x C2Quad 6600 2.4/ Nvidia 9800 GX2 1gb 512 bit + Asus 480 GTX/ DDR2 8Gb / NVIDIA 460 GTX 2GB/2x NVIDIA 580 GTX 3GB
Page octane render " В Контакте " http://vkontakte.ru/club17913093
Elvissuperstar007
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby doca » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:52 am

doca Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:52 am
abstrax wrote:I don't fully understand. Why would you always want to render into the same directory? Or do you mean something else?

Ok, it is not well explained.
The point is to have already predefined frame range and output path for each Render target (different paths, different frameranges). Lets say, I do have project with multiple cameras, or multiple shots, and I want to render them all over night. Now, I can set output and frame range only for one, right?
And I have to change output path and frame range every time I hit batch render if I do have multiple Render targets. Right again?
There is my suggestion in the attachment. And suggestion is to have option to define frame range and output path for each Render target. That way I can have multiple Render targets rendered overnight without having to wake up and setup new path and frame range for each sequence/Render target.
I hope, that I explained well. :-)
Best,
Doca
doca
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)