OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.03.4

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.03.4
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.03.4 [current 3.xx]

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:42 pm

bepeg4d Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:42 pm
Hi oguzbir,
I have talked about your issue with Paride, I think that you have to set up your nodes in a different way in Standalone to obtain what you want to do in max. Please, check the scene that Paride has attached in your original thread.
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby oguzbir » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:45 pm

oguzbir Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:45 pm
bepeg4d wrote:Hi oguzbir,
I have talked about your issue with Paride, I think that you have to set up your nodes in a different way in Standalone to obtain what you want to do in max. Please, check the scene that Paride has attached in your original thread.
ciao beppe

Dear Beppe,

I've seen Paride's post. But it does not come any near of what I need. Already replied to his post.
The offered Paride's offered way is pain to edit all material in a closed system like fores pro pack objects and it's materials.

The main issue is that, I would like to have a texture / material that is capable of mixing bunch of jpg/tiff like images inside single material.
I'm aware of a Lua script that enables this. I want to have a solid solution to this problem inside max.
I understand what you've prepared with your scene. But that is not what I want.

Here is what I want for 3dsmax.
https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=53839&hilit=random+textures

Think of a setup for forest pack pro . Where there are thousands of grass models, scattered around.
And I want to assign the grass instances with different textures and also tinted colors.
With that given scene and bug report I just tried to overcome this roadblock with a absurd workaround and that didn't work out as planned.
Mixing two or more Multi/Sub with random color texture is not my main aim here.

if this will not be considered as a bug. Then Standalone devs along with plugin devs need come up with a plan to introduces a feature that will enable us to use multiple textures in one material, that would ease the pain creating many instance objects having diffrerent textures in one of the major plugins like max.
My Portfolio
windows 10 Pro. |1070 + 1070 + 1070 + 1070 | i7 @4.5Ghz
oguzbir
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:56 pm

smicha Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:56 pm
If I may add anything to this conversation - guys please develop the viewtopic.php?f=73&t=53839&hilit=random+textures
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby oguzbir » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:08 pm

oguzbir Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:08 pm
smicha wrote:If I may add anything to this conversation - guys please develop the viewtopic.php?f=73&t=53839&hilit=random+textures

Thanks Smicha that was exactly my point.
My Portfolio
oguzbir
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:17 am

bepeg4d Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:17 am
Hi oguzbir,
ok, now that you have talked about forest pack, is more clear what is your need.
Do you mean something like this?
MultiTexture_02.orbx

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 11.10.02.jpg

On the left in costant mode, every cube has one of the texture: on the right in linear mode, the textures are mixed toghether.
You can change the seed to have a different random distribution,
ciao beppe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby oguzbir » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:36 am

oguzbir Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:36 am
bepeg4d wrote:.......
ok, now that you have talked about forest pack, is more clear what is your need.
Do you mean something like this?.........
ciao beppe

Hi Beppe,
That's exactly what I'm after... to be able use that in Max to be clear... . I'm not using SA for my projects just max.
The multi sub object thing was a mere attempt to workaround my problems.... I really need this to be implemented in max.

Not just multi texture support for randomizing gamma or brightness and maybe random hue variations has to be implemented for this feature.
Similarlike multi texture and Forest Pack's own random texture feature.

This is needed not just for forest pack pro but also multitexture plugin (with floor generator plugin ) and more importantly will be usefull for simply any array object instances that I assign material too would be great.

I'm trying to raise this problem every year. You know max plugin is well known for frequent developer changes. And this gets omitted everytime. Hope this is the correct time to ask for it.

Since it's tightly connected to Standalone. These are my mere cry for help for this feature.. :)

Thanks.
My Portfolio
oguzbir
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby dinf » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:06 pm

dinf Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:06 pm
Is there again any change in the Licensing Scenario of Octane? My license is locked and I don't know, why. I still have the 5 times to unlock, thanks for it, but it can't be that every time with such issues one of these "precious unlocks" is lost. This would mean, in end of 2017 I wouldn't have any lock, statistically seen.

I use 2 machines and one of them has OS W7 and W10 parallel. It seems that this is 3 different "machines" to Octane's licensing system. Furthermore, Cinema 4D wich I use beneath Houdini, often has problems shutting down completely when Octane was in use, especially R17. And last but not least I have to use different releases of Cinema, so there is R17, R18 and maybe R16. All one and the same license because I have only one head and so can work on only one machine at the same time.
So a normal day may look like this: working in R17 under W10, switching to W7 because of some other software wich does not work with W10, starting R18 wich says then "license is in use".
Okay, back to W10 and R17, starting, closing in a special manner like changing the layout and closing via menü instead of clicking a red cross - because otherwise it won't close and release the license!! I could close using task manager, but that won't work with the licensing system also.
So far, going back to W7 again,s tarting R18 again, and now I can go on. Probably I have to go back to R17 again and later on shut down the PC, starting it with W10 again. Guess what? Yeah, I have to restart computer with W7 again to shut it down in this special manner.

And this is due to my favourite render software Octane. Wich does not want to tell me how and where I forgot to release the license, or if, and what to do next. Probably it wasn't Cinema but Houdini. Because another problem between H + C4D I had to reinstall all of the Houdini versions running on the PC because of the H engines, working with C4D. This problem is located now due to another render software, so I can reinstall all of them, but, maybe, there was another releasing issue.

So please help me ad tell me, what I could do with this mess?? I'm a user, graphician, not a programer or problem or solution finder or something like that. I already had to accept that I have to wait 1 hour bevor I can switch forth and back between laptop and PC for Octane licenses (you don't have any idea wich means that to us), but what we are talking about ? It is not about functionality of the program itself, or networking. It is not about prevention. Or guarding us, wich we are liking the software, using it, buying it. It is plague to us honest, well-behaved, and that because of a handfull people, wich like to take it away.
Is it worth all that?
| Win 10 | 64 GB RAM | AMD 5900X | RTX 3080 12 GB| C4D 21| C4Doctane v2022.1.1|
dinf
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:46 pm

coilbook Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:46 pm
We have titans x pascals 12 GB ram and 1080s in the system. Why does octane show available memory 9.6 Gb . I thought 1080s only have 8 GB (should not it show 7.5 Gb available or something like that ). Master has titans and slave have both titans and 1080s
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby oguzbir » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:51 pm

oguzbir Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:51 pm
coilbook wrote:We have titans x pascals 12 GB ram and 1080s in the system. Why does octane show available memory 9.6 Gb . I thought 1080s only have 8 GB (should not it show 7.5 Gb available or something like that ). Master has titans and slave have both titans and 1080s

Coilbook you mean you have 12GB and 8GB cards. And it shows 9.6GB?
if you enable all 1080's which the system takes into account the lowest card... it should show ~7.5 max...

Thats strange... I'd like to see the answer for that as well.
My Portfolio
oguzbir
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:34 pm

coilbook Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:34 pm
oguzbir wrote:
coilbook wrote:We have titans x pascals 12 GB ram and 1080s in the system. Why does octane show available memory 9.6 Gb . I thought 1080s only have 8 GB (should not it show 7.5 Gb available or something like that ). Master has titans and slave have both titans and 1080s

Coilbook you mean you have 12GB and 8GB cards. And it shows 9.6GB?
if you enable all 1080's which the system takes into account the lowest card... it should show ~7.5 max...

Thats strange... I'd like to see the answer for that as well.

yes. Looks like it shows primary titan x available memory and not the card with the lowest memory.
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)