OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.03.3

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.03.3
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.03.3 [current 3.xx]

Postby coilbook » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:13 pm

coilbook Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:13 pm
bepeg4d wrote:Hi coilbook,
could you share an example scene that shows the issue?
ciao beppe

Hi Unfortunately scene is like 5 GB with textures and 70 Gb of VDB smoke but i attached log with all kinds of errors hopefully it will help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby andw » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:58 am

andw Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:58 am
The undock feature of tool panes (outliner, inspector, node editor and so on) is great in v.3 , but it has a small disadvantage: when I minimize main window (with render viewport), all undocked panes are still left in the same places, cluttering desktop and (in case of two or more Octane instances running) making hard to select desired pane of proper application instance.
Probably it would be better to hide them when main window is minimized?
AMD R7-2700/64Gb/RTX2080Ti 11Gb + RTX2080 8Gb/Win10 Pro x64/nV driver 451.67/Poser10, DS4.12, Blender2.79, Octane 4.05 Standalone
> Using RAM Disk with Octane <
andw
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:01 pm

abstrax Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:01 pm
coilbook wrote:Lots of slave errors and main PC errors (pc BSOD, 3ds max crashes, render stops at the end of the frame, etc) during animation rendering especially if VDBs are used or Medium in the Sun. I remember when you released 2.2 version you eliminated all cuda errors somehow but with version 3 they are all back. (so it is not temperature related)

If you create a complex scene with motion blur objects and VDBs and render for 10 hours I think you should be able to recreate all the errors.

We have fixed all issues we could reproduce somehow. The next release will have two fixes: One for an infinite loop in displacement mapping (causing the OS to eventually kill the graphics driver, which will invalidate the CUDA context, resulting in CUDA errors). The other one is an infinite loop in the direct light calculation, which would not result in CUDA errors but would render threads to hang anyway.

If you've got any scenes that render fine in v2 but not in v3 or any scenes that cause issues in v3, we are happy to have an in-depth look and fix anything we can find. Without any reproducible errors it's practically impossible to improve the stability.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby coilbook » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:13 pm

coilbook Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:13 pm
abstrax wrote:
coilbook wrote:Lots of slave errors and main PC errors (pc BSOD, 3ds max crashes, render stops at the end of the frame, etc) during animation rendering especially if VDBs are used or Medium in the Sun. I remember when you released 2.2 version you eliminated all cuda errors somehow but with version 3 they are all back. (so it is not temperature related)

If you create a complex scene with motion blur objects and VDBs and render for 10 hours I think you should be able to recreate all the errors.

We have fixed all issues we could reproduce somehow. The next release will have two fixes: One for an infinite loop in displacement mapping (causing the OS to eventually kill the graphics driver, which will invalidate the CUDA context, resulting in CUDA errors). The other one is an infinite loop in the direct light calculation, which would not result in CUDA errors but would render threads to hang anyway.

If you've got any scenes that render fine in v2 but not in v3 or any scenes that cause issues in v3, we are happy to have an in-depth look and fix anything we can find. Without any reproducible errors it's practically impossible to improve the stability.

I will try to email the scene but it is so big.
I attached images of all the errors we have maybe they can help you also master log errors are attached. Pictures are slave errors. It would render for 50-80 frames and freeze up when frame is almost done. The whole 3ds max must be restarted or slaves would not work. Sometimes computer.

Also a lot of the times when slave fails computer must be restarted because if you look at EVGA precision you can see it is half way but not at full speed. Not exactly for sure what happens.

All those freezings are similar to version 2 we had but then you fixed them all but they are back with version 3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:38 pm

abstrax Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:38 pm
coilbook wrote:I will try to email the scene but it is so big.
I attached images of all the errors we have maybe they can help you also master log errors are attached. Pictures are slave errors. It would render for 50-80 frames and freeze up when frame is almost done. The whole 3ds max must be restarted or slaves would not work. Sometimes computer.

Thanks for sending the logs. Unfortunately I can't see any good hint at what might be the cause. Maybe wait until 3.03.4 is out (planned for release today) and check if the problem persists. I assume it will persist, in which case it would be tremendously helpful if you could somehow get the scene to us (or any scene that shows the problem). If you have the chance maybe try to test without volume rendering or try to reduce the scene complexity and see if the issue goes away. I assume the scene would then become much smaller. Maybe you can find an indication what part of the scene is causing the problems.

But again, I think it's best to wait until 3.03.4 is out.

Also a lot of the times when slave fails computer must be restarted because if you look at EVGA precision you can see it is half way but not at full speed. Not exactly for sure what happens.

Yes, that's weird. Never seen that before. Which driver version are you using?

All those freezings are similar to version 2 we had but then you fixed them all but they are back with version 3.

Kernel issues always look similar because it's all happening in CUDA land, which is more or less like a black box during runtime.

Thanks a lot for your help.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby FrankPooleFloating » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:41 pm

FrankPooleFloating Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:41 pm
Marcus, glad you guys are okay. ;) Did you awaken to the house shaking this morning, rather than the alarm clock?
Win10Pro || GA-X99-SOC-Champion || i7 5820k w/ H60 || 32GB DDR4 || 3x EVGA RTX 2070 Super Hybrid || EVGA Supernova G2 1300W || Tt Core X9 || LightWave Plug (v4 for old gigs) || Blender E-Cycles
FrankPooleFloating
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:48 pm

abstrax Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:48 pm
FrankPooleFloating wrote:Marcus, glad you guys are okay. ;) Did you awaken to the house shaking this morning, rather than the alarm clock?

Fortunately, the earth quake was quite far away from Auckland so we didn't notice anything and the Tsunami didn't happen: https://www.geonet.org.nz/quakes/region ... 016p661332

But thanks for asking.
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby coilbook » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:50 pm

coilbook Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:50 pm
abstrax wrote:
coilbook wrote:I will try to email the scene but it is so big.

Thanks for sending the logs. Unfortunately I can't see any good hint at what might be the cause. Maybe wait until 3.03.4 is out (planned for release today) and check if the problem persists. I assume it will persist, in which case it would be tremendously helpful if you could somehow get the scene to us (or any scene that shows the problem). If you have the chance maybe try to test without volume rendering or try to reduce the scene complexity and see if the issue goes away. I assume the scene would then become much smaller. Maybe you can find an indication what part of the scene is causing the problems.

But again, I think it's best to wait until 3.03.4 is out.

Yes, that's weird. Never seen that before. Which driver version are you using?

Kernel issues always look similar because it's all happening in CUDA land, which is more or less like a black box during runtime.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ok Sounds good I will try to email it to you because of copyrighted stuff in it i cannot attach here. This scene did not have any VDB nor volume light. Also I noticed more errors happened when we added 1080 and new titan x pascals. That slave have the newest 372 drivers to support pascal. MAster and other slaves have one year old 362 drivers due to issues we had with BSOD they only have maxwell and kepler GPUs. I guess I should match all drivers on all machines
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.03.3

Postby frankjrmi » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:49 pm

frankjrmi Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:49 pm
Just got a new Mac Pro (late 2013). Installed new macOS Sierra. Can't get Octane standalone to run. Error box says:

Octane Render 3.03.3 cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure OctaneRender 3.03.3 works with this version of macOS. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and macOS.

I've tried reinstalling several times, no luck.

Any ideas?
frankjrmi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.03.3

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:55 pm

bepeg4d Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:55 pm
Hi frankjrmi,
have a look at this other discussion in the Apple MacOs section:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=56333
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)