OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.03.2

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.03.2
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.03.2 - updated [current 3.xx]

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:49 am

Rikk The Gaijin Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:49 am
Help, I have a scene saved in .ocs, and I've exported it in .orbx file. Then I deleted the .orbx file because I didn't need it anymore, and now if I open my .ocs, all the paths inside are gone... :shock:
It's worth noting that when I open the .ocs Octane asks me for a missing .orbx of the same scene.. Whaaaa :shock:
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:29 am

abstrax Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:29 am
Rikk The Gaijin wrote:Help, I have a scene saved in .ocs, and I've exported it in .orbx file. Then I deleted the .orbx file because I didn't need it anymore, and now if I open my .ocs, all the paths inside are gone... :shock:
It's worth noting that when I open the .ocs Octane asks me for a missing .orbx of the same scene.. Whaaaa :shock:

Yes, that's a bug we fixed a while ago: What happened is that after saved the scene as package, all file paths were switched to paths inside the new package. If you then saved the project, these paths were written into the .ocs file. If you send me the .ocs file I can try to fiddle around so that you get asked for the location of the assets instead of the package. This would allow you to select the files from the file system again. If that's of any help.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:20 am

Rikk The Gaijin Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:20 am
abstrax wrote:Yes, that's a bug we fixed a while ago: What happened is that after saved the scene as package, all file paths were switched to paths inside the new package. If you then saved the project, these paths were written into the .ocs file. If you send me the .ocs file I can try to fiddle around so that you get asked for the location of the assets instead of the package. This would allow you to select the files from the file system again. If that's of any help.

Well, I already fixed all the paths manually and re-saved the .ocs.
But what do you mean with "that's a bug we fixed a while ago"? Is it gonna be in the next release?
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:36 am

abstrax Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:36 am
Rikk The Gaijin wrote:
abstrax wrote:Yes, that's a bug we fixed a while ago: What happened is that after saved the scene as package, all file paths were switched to paths inside the new package. If you then saved the project, these paths were written into the .ocs file. If you send me the .ocs file I can try to fiddle around so that you get asked for the location of the assets instead of the package. This would allow you to select the files from the file system again. If that's of any help.

Well, I already fixed all the paths manually and re-saved the .ocs.
But what do you mean with "that's a bug we fixed a while ago"? Is it gonna be in the next release?

It should be fixed in 3.03.2. I tried it. In that version the file paths of the assets are not changed.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:01 am

Rikk The Gaijin Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:01 am
abstrax wrote:It should be fixed in 3.03.2. I tried it. In that version the file paths of the assets are not changed.

Well, it's not, since I am using 3.03.2 :x
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am

abstrax Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 am
Rikk The Gaijin wrote:
abstrax wrote:It should be fixed in 3.03.2. I tried it. In that version the file paths of the assets are not changed.

Well, it's not, since I am using 3.03.2 :x

Are you 100% sure that the .ocs wasn't saved with an older version? I couldn't reproduce it in 3.03.2 and I remember Arturo fixing this type of problem in the past. Please let me know if you can reproduce it or at least if you experience it again (hopefully not), could you send me the .ocs file, before changing it? Thank you.
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby KeeWe » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:44 am

KeeWe Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:44 am
abstrax wrote:
KeeWe wrote:Just a quick question: Am I right that PTEX ist not supported yet?

Yes, that's correct.

Thanks for the clarification. Do you have any news on a rough ETA?
6850k // 32 GB // 1080, 1080 Ti, 2080 Ti // Win 10 // C4D 19.068
KeeWe
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:49 pm

coilbook Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:49 pm
We posted this before but we are having problems with scenes created in Octane 1 and 2.
There is a mix material that was created in early version. Problem is we cannot open it with Octane 3 to do Step 2 texture conversion because that old mix material crashes max. i understand Octane 1 and 2 material do not work with 3 but can it not crash max at least and jsut be grey.

Can there be a fix to where it wont crash max so we can finish material conversion to version 3. Thank you

Scene attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:35 am

Rikk The Gaijin Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:35 am
abstrax wrote:Are you 100% sure that the .ocs wasn't saved with an older version? I couldn't reproduce it in 3.03.2 and I remember Arturo fixing this type of problem in the past. Please let me know if you can reproduce it or at least if you experience it again (hopefully not), could you send me the .ocs file, before changing it? Thank you.

The file was originally created with v2.25, and an orbx file was created also with that version. Then, I re-saved a new version in 3.03.2, and I noticed the problem.
Interestingly, the missing orbx file with the stripping paths happened also in v2.25... Perhaps the bug was already present back then?
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:48 am

JimStar Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:48 am
coilbook
This has been fixed a long time ago (you can read azen's converter thread if you like). You need to open your scene either in recent version of 3.X branch plugin, or in a last stable version of 2.X branch.
I've just downloaded and opened your scene in 4.12 plugin - no problems at all. It was not an Octane mix material the cause of it previously - it was a 3ds Max native controller connected to it. Please let me know if you still have a problems with the advised versions...
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)