OctaneRender™ Standalone 1.50

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 1.50
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 1.50 (current)

Postby Jaberwocky » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:03 am

Jaberwocky Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:03 am
Thanks for the update team.It's looking slick.

Marcus

Seems like Nvidia have got ahead of themselves with the Maxwell GPU's or have they changed the coding requirements in Cuda 6 ?

Jaba
CPU:-AMD 1055T 6 core, Motherboard:-Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AM3+, Gigabyte GTX 460-1GB, RAM:-8GB Kingston hyper X Genesis DDR3 1600Mhz D/Ch, Hard Disk:-500GB samsung F3 , OS:-Win7 64bit
Jaberwocky
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:34 am

abstrax Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:34 am
Jaberwocky wrote:Thanks for the update team.It's looking slick.

Marcus

Seems like Nvidia have got ahead of themselves with the Maxwell GPU's or have they changed the coding requirements in Cuda 6 ?

Jaba

No, it compiles, but doesn't render correctly. Syntax etc. hasn't changed. We think it's probably an issue with the toolkit and hope that the production release fixes the problem. If not, we will have to investigate this problem more deeply. Bear in mind that the Octane kernels are quite complex and compiling them is no easy feat.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby gordonrobb » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:16 am

gordonrobb Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:16 am
A lot of questions seem to be getting answered, but I think mine may have gotten lost in the rush. Can I therefore, repeat it?

gordonrobb wrote:That's great thanks.

Can I ask what the process is next. I have pretty much been using the programme (via the LW plugin) and getting involved here and there, but never really reported bugs I have found (other then discussing on forum), or got involved formally with feature requests.

Can you outline for me what I should do to be more involved in that. Even if it is to tell me where I should be asking this questions specifically?

thanks.
Windows 8 Pro | i7 3770 OC | 32 GB Ram | Single Titan (plus Black Edition on Order) | Octane Lightwave |
gordonrobb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:29 am

abstrax Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:29 am
gordonrobb wrote:A lot of questions seem to be getting answered, but I think mine may have gotten lost in the rush. Can I therefore, repeat it?

gordonrobb wrote:That's great thanks.

Can I ask what the process is next. I have pretty much been using the programme (via the LW plugin) and getting involved here and there, but never really reported bugs I have found (other then discussing on forum), or got involved formally with feature requests.

Can you outline for me what I should do to be more involved in that. Even if it is to tell me where I should be asking this questions specifically?

thanks.

Right now, bug reports and feature requests should be posted on the forum. Bug reports should go to the corresponding release thread and feature requests either to their own thread or to viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37045. Please do not post feature requests in release threads, since they tend to drown the bug reports.

And contrary to the opinion of some users, we are reading feature requests and take them into account. It's just a lot simpler to write a feature request than to implement that feature. So things need to be prioritized and may take some time.

And if you want to motivate us, render stuff and show it here on the forum (gallery / WIP sections). At the end of the day, user results are what is driving us the most.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby gordonrobb » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:09 pm

gordonrobb Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:09 pm
abstrax wrote:Right now, bug reports and feature requests should be posted on the forum. Bug reports should go to the corresponding release thread and feature requests either to their own thread or to viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37045. Please do not post feature requests in release threads, since they tend to drown the bug reports.

Thanks. I'll do that. Bug reports and Feature Requests on their way. :)

abstrax wrote:And if you want to motivate us, render stuff and show it here on the forum (gallery / WIP sections). At the end of the day, user results are what is driving us the most.

What even stuff that doesn't look right because I can't get a good procedural or gradient going? ;) sorry couldn't resist.

I'll post what I do, although most of what I'm doing is through the LW plugin.
Windows 8 Pro | i7 3770 OC | 32 GB Ram | Single Titan (plus Black Edition on Order) | Octane Lightwave |
gordonrobb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:13 pm

Seekerfinder Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:13 pm
Guys,

Which is the best Nvidia driver for 1.5? Face-Off suggested 227 a while ago when I was using 332 and had some problems with the Revit plugin. 332 Apparently caused some issues with then release candidate 1.27.

Your 1.5 help file suggests merely an "Nvidia driver supporting CUDA 5.5" (http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Standalo ... page_id=26)

Are there no stability issues any longer with the latest Nvidia driver releases?

Cheers,
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Eznit » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Eznit Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:17 pm
Thank you :D
Eznit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby emihich » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:24 pm

emihich Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:24 pm
good job, but we need a video demonstration of each new since version 1.20.

it is more explanatory than text

You'll spend less time on the forum.

thank you

Agree with that, absolutely.
I wanna add , abc imported camera consistency , for matchmoving purposes , it is a must,9 I know it all depends on Alembic advances and it is already ,
much better0.
I t is so awesome , The animation resources , and Alembic implement is so Great ! Thank you.
emihich
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tugpsx » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:20 am

Tugpsx Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:20 am
Bit of issue with transforms. If a transform value node containing settings is copied into the node graph and then converted into 3d transformation node you will loose the previous values. Is it possible to copy the values in when one switches the transform type. Values that are not available in the new one can be lost but its kind of harsh to loos all the values.

OctaneTransformissue.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Synthercat » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:45 am

Synthercat Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:45 am
I don't see no manual for this version. I downloaded the linux version of it. Is it on the way or did it got left out of the linux version?
Linux Mint 19.3 | GTX-1080Ti | AMD FX-8320 (OCed 4.4GHz) | 16GB RAM
Synthercat
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)