Transmittance and Absorption

Forums: Transmittance and Absorption
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Transmittance and Absorption

Postby pckmark » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:07 pm

pckmark Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:07 pm
Hi people :)

I love Octane... Dang! I have not made anything, other than fool around, which is great fun already. I cant wait to see how it will be to have Mlt available :)

When i read the feature section at the front page, i saw that transmittance and absorption, is planned for the 1.0 release. I think i read that Volumetrics were planned for 2.0 though, so i am kinda confused about if i need to pull out my wallet again for that stuff? I know Octane is dirt cheap, but i am not so fortunate yet when it comes too money yet, and i am not sure about how close the work on 2.0 is.

Well, i couldn't help asking this, i hope i don't come off sounding ungrateful! Its just, that 100 bucks is a lot for me, probably wouldnt have afforded Octane without the discount.

Best Wishes to all of you,

and to you Radiance, i hope you get better soon :)

Mark Olsen
Sidux X86_64 - 450 GTS "golden sample" - 4 GB Ram - Intel Core 2 Quad 2.33 GhZ - 1 TB Sata drive
pckmark
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Transmittance and Absorption

Postby radiance » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:48 am

radiance Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:48 am
Hi,

absorption is, SSS and other volumetrics not, those are for 2.0 and we will offer upgrade prices.

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)