Using medium nodes

Forums: Using medium nodes
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Re: Using medium nodes

Postby itsallgoode9 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:47 am

itsallgoode9 Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:47 am
a.boeglin wrote:Yes I understand that, the only problem is that the roughness also changes the transparency glossiness. If I move the roughness closer to 0, my wax looks like glass. It would be best to separate the transparency roughness from the reflection roughness.

Yeah, i've always had issues working with SSS in octane because of this very thing. I once was trying to create a metallic plastic with a gloss coat on it...holy cow that was a pain to get looking correct because the settings aren't separated. I guess this is how it would work in the real world but it seem very limiting when rendering.
Intel i7-3930K, 64gb RAM, Asus X79 Deluxe mobo, 2x EVGA 780 6gb (for rendering), 1x PNY quaddro k4000 (for display)
Windows 8.1 x64, Maya 2014, Octane Render v2
itsallgoode9
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Resources and Sharing