Render Shadow pass for a single object

Forums: Render Shadow pass for a single object
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Render Shadow pass for a single object

Postby alebronx » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:00 pm

alebronx Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:00 pm
Hey there!

i'm currently working on a project where i've to create multiple object that will be rearranged in post production with coding.

For this works i've to create items such as hair, sunglasses, chain in c4d and will be really helpfull to have for every single png the transparency of the shadow pass.

I'm able to render single object using Octane Tag but can't understand how to create a single shadow pass for an isolated object.

I give you a practical example, I've the hair of the model but i want the shadow above the head in the png files. tried to use shadow catcher above the Head geometry but calculate every single shadow above the head, i need only the hair shadow!

Unfortunally i can't upload nothing about this project for copiright contract
Hope to find helpfull tips.

Thanks for your adviece!
alebronx

Re: Render Shadow pass for a single object

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:14 am

bepeg4d Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:14 am
Hi,
instead of shadow catcher, have a look at the Render Layer technique:
https://docs.otoy.com/cinema4d/RenderLayer.html

You can use C4D Takes to obtain the different passes.

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Resources and Sharing