Material Libraries for 3D Studio MAX

Forums: Material Libraries for 3D Studio MAX
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Material Libraries for 3D Studio MAX

Postby machinationsentertainment » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:22 pm

machinationsentertainment Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:22 pm
Hi everyone, new to the forum.

I've been searching for Octane material libraries for 3D Studio MAX, but have drawn a complete blank. Seems like there are tons of resources for Octane/C4D, but I haven't been able to find anything for us old MAX users. Does anyone know of any resources or have a direction they could point me? Thank you!
machinationsentertainment

Re: Material Libraries for 3D Studio MAX

Postby paride4331 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:59 am

paride4331 Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:59 am
Hi machinationsentertainment,
All Octane plugins can share and import Octane materials via .orbx, plus there is a material library in LiveDB and Octane for 3dsMax has a Vray, Corona and standard material converter.
Also you can quickly create PBR materials using the Octane universal material and starting from Octane v2022, a new Standard Surface Material node according to the Autodesk Standard Surface specification.
https://www.google.com/search?q=octane+ ... AHoECAEQAA
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Resources and Sharing