Lighting with Blackbody emission

Forums: Lighting with Blackbody emission
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Lighting with Blackbody emission

Postby Ezarantonello04 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:41 pm

Ezarantonello04 Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:41 pm
Hi everyone, I'm a new Octane user, and I would like to enquire you about an aspect on emissions.

When I use the blackbody emission to light my scene, I notice that all other materials and textures don't show in the scene. They all show as untextured, or without a material, and, trying with all settings in the blackbody node I'm still not able to make the blackbodies work as a normal lights.

Which settings do I have to switch in order to make the emission work as a normal light and show textures or materials applied to other objects?

Thank you very much in advance!
Ezarantonello04

Re: Lighting with Blackbody emission

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:49 am

bepeg4d Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:49 am
This is weird :roll:
Could you share some screenshots?

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Lighting with Blackbody emission

Postby Ezarantonello04 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:43 pm

Ezarantonello04 Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:43 pm
Thanks for the quick reply, actually after reloading Octane and Cinema 4d a couple of times it all ended up working!

Thank you again for the availability
Ezarantonello04

Return to Resources and Sharing