Octane Mix Material + Extra Marerial with Alpha

Forums: Octane Mix Material + Extra Marerial with Alpha
Post, discuss and share handy resources like textures, models and HDRI maps in this forum.
Forum rules
Please do not post any material that is copyrighted or restricted from public use in any way. OTOY NZ LTD and it's forum members are not liable for any copyright infringements on material in this forum. Please contact us if this is the case and we will remove the material in question.

Octane Mix Material + Extra Marerial with Alpha

Postby Mrcuss » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:45 pm

Mrcuss Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:45 pm
Can anybody please HELP?
I have made a Mix Material that works fine when applied to an object.
Let's say the object is a metal plate and I have applied the Mix Material to it and I want to add decals, (A Sticker of sorts) over my Mix Material. As soon as I add this second material the Mix material disappears from under it.
Both materials work on their own but when combined the Mix Material always disappears.
If I change the order of the texture tags the Mix Material still works and I can see it but place the second material tag to the right and the Mix Material is gone. Also if I replace the Mix Material for any other material I can see both materials working as they should.
I have tried changing the Projection of both and several combinations but none seem to work.

Also, Is it possible to place the (Decals) material inside a 'Blend' Material and still be able to control the scale and placement of its location on the object?

Any help, greatly appreciated.
Mrcuss

Re: Octane Mix Material + Extra Marerial with Alpha

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:09 am

bepeg4d Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:09 am
Hi,
Mix Material is considered obsolete, now that we have Composite Material:
https://docs.otoy.com/cinema4d/CompositeMaterial.html
And Layered material:
https://docs.otoy.com/cinema4d/LayeredMaterial.html

Happy GPU rendering,
ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Octane Mix Material + Extra Marerial with Alpha

Postby Johnnie758 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:56 am

Johnnie758 Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:56 am
Maybe you could get rid of the alpha channel, use an Octane Dirt shader to mix the two in a Mix Material. The Dirt Shader sort of works like an edge finder/ambient occlusion map. You can tick "Use Displacement" in the Mix Material too.
Johnnie758

Return to Resources and Sharing